WHO WE ARE
S-RM is a global intelligence and cyber security consultancy. Since 2005, we’ve helped some of the most demanding clients in the world solve some of their toughest information security challenges.
We’ve been able to do this because of our outstanding people. We’re committed to developing bright, curious, driven individuals who want to think critically, solve complex problems, and achieve success.
But we also know that work isn’t everything, It’s about the lives and careers it helps us build. We’re immensely proud of this culture and we invest in our people’s wellbeing, learning, and ideas every day.
We’re excited you’re thinking about joining us.
WORKING IN CYBER AT S-RM
Our Cyber Security division is the newest and fastest-growing part of S-RM. The cyber sector is always evolving, and our Advisory, Testing, and Incident Response practices are in more demand than ever.
We’re building a team to meet this challenge. This means we’re quick to respond, innovate, and improve. We don’t get too hung up on hierarchy or bureaucracy. If your ideas are good enough, we’ll empower you to implement them. If you’re the best person to talk to a customer, you’ll get that opportunity, regardless of the title in your email signature. And when you need a hand, your team will always have your back.
We also don’t believe there’s a typical Cyber Security professional. We’ve built a team of intelligence analysts, technical specialists, software developers, investigators, risk managers, and more. You’ll always find a range of perspectives and expertise to help you learn and grow.
If that sounds like your kind of team, we’d like to hear from you.
Our Cyber Security Associates are the senior consultant delivery roles in any engagement with our clients.
Our typical project teams comprise Engagement Managers, Associates, and Analysts. As an Associate, you will work closely with managers to develop unique solutions for our clients. You will also provide senior expertise and leadership in delivering those solutions and supporting the analysts working on your projects.
The role is a great opportunity for cyber professionals with 2+ years’ experience, looking to get exposure to a range of challenging projects, deepen their expertise, and build the next stage of their career.
Typical activities and projects include:
- Consultancy delivery: play a senior delivery role on client engagements, including framework assessments, strategic advisory, training exercises, and threat intelligence assessments.
- Project management: oversee technical implementational plans, organising sub-contractors and collaboration with internal teams to deliver timely, successful results. This may include acting in a vCISO capacity where required.
- Development and domain knowledge: with our support, develop your own cyber expertise and share it with the wider team through internal initiatives and programs.
Other features of the role include:
- Variety of engagements: no day will be the same. Our team works on a range of cyber advisory mandates across many sectors.
- Range of opportunities: you will have opportunities to broaden your security awareness through working with our incident response and ethical hacking practices.
- Flexible working practices: we are mindful of our team’s work/life balance and offer flexible working options to support your wellbeing.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We think candidates with the following qualifications and experience are likely to succeed as Associates in the Advisory team at S-RM.
That said, if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
We nurture a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.
We’re looking for someone with some or all of these skills who can adapt to change and work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience in an information security role;
- Prior consulting experience;
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail;
- Experience and confidence in presenting verbal updates to both technical and non-technical stakeholders;
Demonstrable knowledge of:
- Various security frameworks, standards, and control libraries such as CIS and NIST
- Information security principles, tools, technologies and techniques
- Security risk management methodologies;
Applicable skills and qualifications are beneficial, including:
- Academic cybersecurity or IT qualifications;
- Industry accreditation such as SANS Institute, Security+, CISM, CISSP or ISO27001;
Technical capabilities in some or all of the following areas is beneficial but not essential:
- Cloud computing;
- Offensive security practices and techniques;
- System administration experience.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the US by the start of their employment.
We offer thoughtful, balanced rewards and support to help our people do their best work and live their lives outside it, including:
- 20 days holiday per year in addition to 12 public holidays (+1 day for every year of service up to a maximum of 25 days);
- Life insurance – 4x annual salary;
- Matching pension contribution up to 6% (up to a maximum of 12% combined), and financial education;
- Military Leave– to a maximum of 5 years;
- Hybrid working and flexible working hours.
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year;
- Maternity leave – 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay;
- Paternity leave – 6 weeks of full pay.
Various Health and Medical Benefits including:
- 100% Company paid private medical, dental and vision insurance for employee, partner and children;
- Gym discounts for you and your partner;
- EAP programme for you and your immediate family;
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app Headspace.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
We want to get to know you, and for you to get to know us, to see if we’d be a good fit. We are responsive and respectful of people’s time throughout our hiring process.
A typical application process includes:
- Initial screening of your application by our recruiting team
- A technical interview to assess your baseline skills
- An assessment
- A scenario-based interview to understand how you would approach some of the challenges you’ll be faced with in the role.
Salary information for our US Cyber Security Associate and Senior Associate range from: $120,000 – $190,000.
The easiest way to get your details to us is to send a CV to Recruitment@s-rminform.com.
And that’s it.