We are seeking an Analyst to join the Asia-Pacific team within the company’s Corporate Intelligence division in Hong Kong.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing subject matter expertise on the political, regulatory and corporate risk environment in China and/or Japan and/or Korean, as well as the broader Asia Pacific region;
- Researching and writing desktop-based compliance and strategic intelligence reports on companies and individuals for due diligence and investigatory purposes
- Conducting research in English as well as Mandarin, Japanese, or Korean on corporate and political issues; and,
- Presenting to managers and clients.
The role will be based in our Hong Kong office, however we have flexible working arrangements available.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- A high working proficiency in English and Mandarin or Japanese;
- As a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree (2.1 or higher);
- Excellent research and investigative skills;
- Experience working in a commercial landscape is highly desirable
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- A clear interest in regional political and business affairs;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, honesty and reliability;
- A proven ability to work unsupervised and operate with a degree of autonomy;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive mindset and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required; and,
- An ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in Hong Kong by the start of their employment.
- Market leading maternity and paternity benefits including:
- Maternity: 6 months of full pay followed by 3 months of half pay
- Paternity: 6 weeks of full pay
- 20 holiday days per year + bank holidays, which increases with service to a maximum of 25 days
- 5% matching pension contribution
- 4 x annual salary life insurance
- Support of your mental wellbeing, including counselling sessions available to you and your family
- Very comprehensive private medical healthcare with Manulife as well as eye tests and glasses reimbursement (up to a certain cost), and seasonal flu vaccination
- Remote working and flexible working hours
- LinkedIn Learning with access to 13,000 different courses
- Formalised Recognition Programme
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.