The Corporate Intelligence division is seeking an Analyst to work on its Latin America & Caribbean (LAC) team, based at S-RM’s Rio de Janeiro office.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researching and writing desktop-based compliance and strategic intelligence reports on companies and individuals for due diligence and investigatory purposes;
- Providing subject matter expertise on the political, regulatory and corporate risk environment in Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Understand client’s needs and creatively propose research techniques to reach client’s goals
- Investigate complex fraud, money laundering and corruption issues across a wide range of sectors in Latin America
- Support the project managers and colleagues based in international offices in multi-jurisdictional investigations/projects
- Support managers on scoping of projects and proposals
- Participate in client meetings to brief clients and provide regional expertise
- Conducting English, Portuguese and Spanish language research on corporate and political issues; and,
- Presenting to managers and clients.
The role will be based in our Rio de Janeiro office, however we have flexible working arrangements available.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- As a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience;
- Fluency or high working proficiency in English, Portuguese, and/or Spanish, with a focus on analysing and presenting complex themes and subjects;
- Excellent research, analysis, and writing and investigative skills;
- Efficient time management skills with an ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Prior investigative experience in the public or private sector is desirable, but not essential.
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- A clear interest in regional political and business affairs;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and reliability;
- A proven ability to work unsupervised and operate with a degree of autonomy;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive mindset and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required;
- An ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in Brazil by the start of their employment.
- Market leading maternity and paternity benefits including:
- Maternity leave: 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks half pay
- Paternity leave: 6 weeks of full pay
- 30 holiday days per year, which increases with service to a maximum of 35 days
- 2-6% matching pension contribution
- 48 x monthly salary life insurance
- EAP, including counselling services for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Availability of a variety of training courses including online learning
- Very comprehensive private medical insurance as well as eye tests and glasses reimbursement, seasonal flu vaccination and dental insurance
- Transportation voucher if residence is over 1km from the office
- Meal voucher
- A formalised recognition programme
To apply for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.