The Corporate Intelligence division is seeking an Analyst to work on its Latin America & Caribbean (LAC) team, based at S-RM’s Rio de Janeiro office.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researching and writing desktop-based compliance and strategic intelligence reports on companies and individuals for due diligence and investigatory purposes;
- Providing subject matter expertise on the political, regulatory and corporate risk environment in Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Conducting English, Portuguese and Spanish language research on corporate and political issues; and,
- Presenting to managers and clients.
The role will be based in our Rio de Janeiro office
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- An undergraduate degree from a leading university (a relevant postgraduate degree is an advantage but not essential);
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Portuguese, with a focus on analysing and presenting complex themes and subjects;
- Ability to conduct detailed research in Spanish;
- Excellent research, analysis, and writing skills;
- Prior investigative experience in the public or private sector is desirable, but not essential;
- Eligibility to work in Brazil without visa sponsorship is required
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- A proven ability to work unsupervised and operate with a degree of autonomy;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required;
- Honesty and reliability;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and,
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in Brazil by the start of their employment.