We are seeking an Analyst to join the Asia-Pacific team within the company’s Corporate Intelligence division in London.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researching and writing desktop-based compliance and strategic intelligence reports on companies and individuals for due diligence and investigatory purposes;
- Providing subject matter expertise on the political, regulatory and corporate risk environment in China as well as the broader Asia Pacific region;
- Conducting English and Mandarin language research on corporate and political issues; and,
- Presenting to managers and clients.
The role will be based in our London office
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- A high working proficiency in Mandarin;
- As a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree (2.1 or higher);
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent research and investigative skills;
- Experience living/working in China or direct knowledge of China’s commercial landscape is highly desirable
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- A clear interest in regional political and business affairs;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, honesty and reliability;
- A proven ability to work unsupervised and operate with a degree of autonomy;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive mindset and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required; and,
- An ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.