S-RM is seeking an Analyst to join the sub-Saharan Africa team within the company’s Corporate Intelligence division in Cape Town.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researching and writing desktop-based compliance and strategic intelligence reports on companies and individuals for due diligence and investigative purposes;
- Providing subject matter expertise on the political, regulatory and corporate risk environment in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Conducting language research on corporate and political issues; and,
- Presenting to managers and clients.
The role will be based in our Cape Town office
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- As a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree (2.1 or higher);
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent research and investigative skills;
The candidate will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- A clear interest in regional political and business affairs;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, honesty and reliability;
- A proven ability to work unsupervised and operate with a degree of autonomy;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive mindset and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required; and,
- An ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- An ability to speak French or Portuguese is not a requirement for the role, but will be beneficial.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in South Africa by the start of their employment.