We are seeking an Associate to join the Deal Advisory team within the company’s Corporate Intelligence division in London.
This role will sit within our dedicated Deal Advisory team, which provides due diligence for deals and transactions globally.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading open source and human source due diligence investigations across all of S-RM’s regional desks;
- Managing and, where necessary, writing reports on companies and individuals to support pre-transactional due diligence;
- Editing reports and providing constructive feedback;
- Training and developing analysts in deal advisory due diligence;
- Preparing proposals for new business;
- Presenting to case managers and clients; and,
- Assisting with business development where required.
The role will be based in our London office.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- As a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree (2.1 or higher) or equivalent;
- At least three years’ experience working in a relevant industry, ideally corporate intelligence or finance;
- Experience in the financial sector, particularly private equity, would be advantageous;
- Significant experience interacting with clients;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent research and investigative skills;
- Demonstrable experience planning and organising projects;
- Relevant experience managing others; and,
- Knowledge of a foreign language or regional expertise would be advantageous.
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- A clear interest in business and political affairs;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, honesty and reliability;
- The ability to adapt to different workflows and working on different regions;
- A proven ability to work unsupervised and operate with a large degree of autonomy;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A pro-active mindset and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required; and,
- An ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.