This job advert is duplicated in both Dutch and English to ensure all candidates have the information they need.
WHO WE ARE
S-RM is a global intelligence and cyber security consultancy. Founded in 2005, we have 300+ practitioners across seven international offices, serving clients across all regions and major sectors.
We are headquartered in London with offices in Cape Town, Hong Kong, New York, Rio de Janeiro, Utrecht and Washington DC. We support our clients by providing intelligence that informs critical decision-making and strategies, from investments and partnerships through to disputes; by helping organisations build resilience to cyber security threats; and by responding to cyber-attacks and organisational crises.
Our teams speak 30+ languages, with backgrounds in intelligence, government, finance, journalism, military and academia. We partner with leading organisations, supporting them at all levels, from CEOs and their boards through to front-line teams. We deliver the best results for our clients by nurturing the brightest talent and bringing together the most relevant and experienced practitioners from across our business, creating teams designed to address unique problems and complex challenges.
Client focus is at the heart of what we do. We build long-term partnerships with our clients to gain a deep understanding of their challenges and goals. Our close relationships with the organisations we work with mean that we can respond quickly to their requirements and proactively adapt our approach as their business needs develop over time. Our advice is direct, honest and objective. We deliver tangible results and present our findings and advice in clear, straightforward language. Our pragmatic approach, combined with hard work, deep regional expertise and diverse experience means that our clients receive actionable recommendations and hands-on support and leadership.
We’re excited you’re thinking about joining us.
WORKING IN CYBER AT S-RM
Our Cyber Security division is the newest and fastest-growing part of S-RM. The cyber sector is always evolving, and our Advisory, Testing, and Incident Response practices are in more demand than ever. Our cyber team based in the Netherlands is the newest addition within Cyber, delivering all of our services to clients in the Netherlands, the Benelux, even the entire European region.
We’re building a team to meet this challenge. This means we’re quick to respond, innovate, and improve. We don’t get too hung up on hierarchy or bureaucracy. If your ideas are good, we’ll empower you to implement them. If you’re the best person to talk to a customer, you’ll get that opportunity, regardless of the title in your email signature. And when you need a hand, your team will always have your back.
We also don’t believe there’s a typical cyber security professional. We’ve built a team of intelligence analysts, technical specialists, software developers, investigators, risk managers, and more. You’ll always find a range of perspectives and expertise to help you learn and grow.
If that sounds like your kind of team, we’d like to hear from you.
Our expansion into mainland Europe through the setup of our Netherlands office is part of our larger, global, ambitions. In this office we offer all S-RM’s Cyber services. We focus on Incident Response, Ethical Hacking and Advisory and offer it to our clients in Europe. Within the Netherlands office you will be responsible for our sales and account management efforts. You will make sure we regularly stay in contact with our clients and strategic partners and engage together with the team to create outstanding proposals. You will not just be working with our Netherlands team, but are also involved with sales colleagues in the UK and the US to align our offerings.
Other features of the role include:
Growth & Expansion
- You will be responsible for the developing the sales pipeline within EMEA for the S-RM cyber team.
- You will build a pipeline of new business opportunities through networking and consultative selling leveraging our consultant resources within the cyber team
- You will have a personal sales quota but will also be responsible for building the sales function in the region as our team and revenues grow, therefor a “team” mentality is needed
- You will work closely with our global marketing team to build our presence at industry events as well as hosting our own events in the region to expand awareness of our brand and value proposition
- Work with the central sales team to develop outreach campaigns within key target segments
- You will work closely with the delivery team to develop sales conversations with our existing customer network around all our cyber services
- Work with global sales colleagues to identify key individuals within S-RM’s strategic accounts that operate in your region, developing creative ways to open conversations and expand our services
- Work with our partner community, helping these virtual teams sell our service successfully
- Collaborate with others on the global sales team to share insights on cyber themes within the Benelux & DACH region to ensure we are presenting a marketing leading and differentiated service to clients
- You will also identify ways to cross-sell corporate intelligence services into customer in the region
- You will be working closely with the Head of the Regional office to build the sales function and customer network in the Benelux and DACH Region.
- Work closely with our central Sales Operations team to ensure you are developing a scaleable sales process to support commercial activity in the region
- Produce regular updates to the sales and management team on commercial developments
- Continuously develop your understanding of our business, our capability and subject matter across the cyber security industry.
- Attend our internal cyber consultants training programme and develop your understanding of cyber by taking introductory professional competencies.
- Range of opportunities: you will have opportunities to broaden your security awareness into testing and advisory projects, in addition to deepening your incident response expertise.
- Flexible working practices: cyber security can be intense, high-pressure work at times. We are mindful of our team’s work/life balance and offer flexible working options to support your wellbeing.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We think candidates with the following qualifications and experience are likely to succeed within Business Development at S-RM.
That said, if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box — we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas and have some interest and capabilities in others. Most importantly, whilst existing knowledge of cyber security is not a prerequisite, you will need to demonstrate a keen interest to develop your career in this fast moving sector.
We nurture a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.
The following qualifications are relevant to this position:
- The ability to work independently to identify new business opportunities across a mix of clients.
- The key will be to understand our service proposition by developing strong internal relationships with the practice teams and understand how to position our capabilities with the right team.
- The ability to network with both internal and external clients is important – the business development team acts as a service to help the cyber team grow their client base.
- An interest to develop knowledge and subject matter expertise across new technologies, security, risk management and global trends and threats will ensure you have credibility and earn trust with the prospects you speak to.
- Consultancy experience in Cyber Security or related IT consultancy roles
- Experience creating offers, writing proposals, participating in RFPs
- Speak Dutch and English fluently (while not required for the role, we’re interested in German language capabilities as well)
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the Netherlands by the start of their employment.
We offer thoughtful, balanced rewards and support to help our people do their best work and live their lives outside it, including:
- 25 holiday days per year, which increases with service to a maximum of 30 days + all Dutch public holidays
- 6% matching pension contribution
- 4 x annual salary life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Extensive training available, including through LinkedIn Learning with access to more than 13,000 different courses
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
We want to get to know you, and for you to get to know us, to see if we’d be a good fit. We are responsive and respectful of people’s time throughout our hiring process.
A typical application process includes:
- Initial screening of your application by our recruiting team
- A technical interview to assess your baseline skills and give you some insight into the work we do
- A meeting with some of our team members to get to know each other and see if there’s a match as a team
- A scenario-based interview to understand how you would approach some of the challenges you’ll be faced with in the role.
The easiest way to get your details to us is to send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And that’s it.