Reporting directly to the Director – Resilience, the Associate Director will form part of the core consultancy team within the service line.
The Associate Director will deliver business continuity, strategic resilience, emergency planning, enterprise risk and crisis management products – as a team member, individually or as the project lead. The successful candidate will also play a key internal role in the supervision of project delivery, training and product development.
The role requires advanced knowledge and experience in the technical and practical aspects of business resilience, policy and procedural development, training and exercising from both a commercial and public sector point of view. This includes being confident in advising C-Suite client stakeholders before, during and after crises.
Strong communication skills are vital along with experience in personnel and client management, persuading and influencing others, and confidence when briefing leadership teams.
about our RESILIENCE TEAM
S-RM’s Resilience team provides clients with the knowledge, processes and physical support to prevent, prepare for and respond to all types of business disruption with confidence and speed. The business unit is made up of industry professionals providing the following resilience services and consultancy:
- Crisis Management
- Incident & Emergency Management
- Business Continuity
- Supply Chain Risk
- Risk Management
The team sits within a wider practice within the firm that also includes extensive expertise in physical and cyber security and real time crisis response.
We work with many of the world’s largest and most well known brands to help identify and solve their resilience challenges. With offices in Hong Kong, Rio de Janiero, New York and Cape Town the work can often involve international travel and provides an excellent opportunity to gain experience working in new cultural environments.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director – Resilience, the Associate Director will be required to:
Service Line Management
- Deputise for the Director as needed
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of Resilience services to our clients;
- Supervise the delivery of complex long-term projects;
- Develop the fusion of collaborative project outputs between Resilience and other S-RM service lines;
- Ensure the quality of all Resilience products meet S-RM standards;
- Manage the workloads and expectations of associates and analysts within the team;
- Select, review and manage subcontractors and suppliers;
- Contribute to and be prepared to take the lead on internal training and capability development initiatives;
- Represent the company at conferences, industry forums and workshops – and be prepared to speak at these events;
- Actively monitor the market to identify new business leads and prepare tenders for new work; and
- Play an active role in business development and sales campaigns.
- Be capable of developing and using modern tools to assess client’s level of resilience to business disruption;
- Design crisis response, business resilience and enterprise risk management frameworks in direct consultation with every area of a client’s organisation and at every level;
- Develop training programmes to build competency in the implementation and activation of a client’s resilience framework;
- Collaboratively design desktop exercises, immersive crisis scenarios, red-teaming sessions and pre-mortem workshops according to the client’s specific requirement, incorporating cyber security teams and other specialist responders where appropriate;
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of global developments in the crisis management and business continuity issues, along with their commercial implications, in order to be able to offer analysis and advice to clients at short notice;
- Be capable of mobilising to directly support clients’ corporate crisis response efforts in support of S-RM’s Crisis Response service line;
The role will be based in our London office, but will likely involve regular travel. Extended periods of time abroad on project work may also be required.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Ten years’ relevant experience with at least five years’ experience in a crisis management/business resilience role.
- Experience in the following disciplines:
- Crisis Management;
- Business Continuity;
- Strategic Resilience;
- Emergency Planning; and,
- Enterprise Risk.
- Direct experience of responding to multi-faceted crises at operational and corporate levels;
- Excellent fluent written and spoken English with desired other language(s) as required.
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent.
The successful applicant will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform effectively in this role:
- Strong communication skills displayed through confident interpersonal, public speaking and presentational abilities.
- Confident and effective at advising and briefing at all levels, including C-Suite client stakeholders.
- Experience of providing results in demanding environments.
- Ability to consistently deliver a high-quality service within tight deadlines and whilst overcoming critical obstacles.
- Adept problem solver with a proven ability in identifying critical operational priorities whilst maintaining quality of service.
- Adept at identifying reputational risk and managing threats.
- IT proficient with a willingness and ability to learn new technical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to follow client and incident specific procedures.
- Ability to manage personnel and resources effectively.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the United Kingdom by the start of their employment.