We are seeking an exceptional candidate to join the company’s Europe-focused Corporate Intelligence division in Cape Town as an Associate.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading open source and human source-led due diligence investigations
- Managing and writing Europe-focused reports on companies and individuals;
- Editing reports and providing constructive feedback;
- Training and development of new analysts;
- Preparing proposals for new business;
- Analysing human source material and supporting the development of S-RM’s human source network; and,
- Presenting to case managers and clients.
The role will be based in our Cape Town office.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Degree level education or equivalent
- As a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- At least three years’ experience working in a relevant industry. This could include, but is not limited to: finance, law, journalism or management consultancy;
- Significant experience interacting with clients;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent research and investigative skills;
- Demonstrable experience planning and organising projects;
- Relevant experience managing others;
- A working knowledge of financial and commercial concepts;
- Experience living / working in continental Europe is an advantage; and,
- A high working proficiency in French, Spanish, German or another European language is an advantage;
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- A clear interest in regional political and business affairs;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, honesty and reliability;
- A proven ability to work unsupervised and operate with a degree of autonomy;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive mindset and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required; and,
- An ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines
The successful candidate must have permission to work in South Africa by the start of their employment.