S-RM is looking for an experience candidate to join the company’s Risk and Compliance team on a 7-month fixed term contract (maternity cover). There is scope for the role to be extended or even made permanent – this will be dependent on candidate performance and business requirements.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate S-RM Risk Committee meetings, including preparation of meeting packs and ensuring that any follow-up actions are closed out within an acceptable timeframe;
- Promote engagement between the Risk and Compliance team and S-RM’s business units in relation to risk and compliance issues;
- Manage the global travel security platform and relationships with global travel providers;
- Conduct risk assessments on new business systems and areas of operation;
- Support on the administration of the company’s global insurance programme; and
- Provide administrative support in relation to S-RM’s Crisis Management and Business Continuity Plans.
- Manage the implementation of S-RM policies and procedures across all S-RM offices globally, ensuring that document control procedures are adopted and maintained;
- Work closely with the S-RM Legal team to ensure that policies and procedures are aligned and implemented in accordance with legal obligations (e.g. bribery and corruption, modern slavery, data protection).
- Manage the global internal audit schedule, identifying areas of noncompliance and ensuring that corrective actions are implemented within an acceptable timeframe;
- Provide oversight on departmental quality audit programs;
- Ensure that all suppliers/subcontractors used by the organisation are selected and evaluated in accordance with company standards;
- Conduct periodic compliance reviews against selected ISO and other best management practice standards.
- Maintain S-RM’s certifications to relevant ISO standards including ISO 9001 (quality management), OHSAS 18001 (health & safety) and ISO 14001 (environmental management);
- Liaise with certification bodies to coordinate external certification audits.
- Schedule and deliver internal risk and compliance training in accordance with business needs;
- Work closely with S-RM’s legal team on areas of crossover between legal and compliance to prepare and co-present traiing sessions as approporiate;
- Attend industry compliance events and forums.
- Manage S-RM’s data protection compliance programme – including data mapping, training and coordination of data champions;
- Incorporate data protection considerations into internal audits;
- Promote privacy-by-design when working on new policies and procedures;
- Work closely with the Information Security Manager to ensure that there is alignment between the technical and operational elements to S-RM’s data protection compliance programme.
The role will be based in our London office.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a risk and compliance or procurement role;
- In-depth understanding of business operations;
- Proven track record of effective stakeholder engagement;
- Confident in preparing and delivering training across a range of risk and compliance areas;
- Strong understanding of data protection regulations including GDPR;
- Experience of managing an internal audit programme (internal audit training or qualification is highly desirable);
- Experience of working with quality management standards including ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and ISO31000 is highly desirable.
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A proven ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Analyses requirements and advises on scope and options for operational improvement
- Demonstrates creativity in applying solutions
- Keeps up to date with changes and new developments in their area(s) of expertise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.