WHO ARE WE
S-RM is a risk consulting firm that works with leading businesses, governments and private clients worldwide. We help our clients manage a range of operational, regulatory and reputational risks, from money laundering and bribery to security, political instability and cyber-crime. We are distinguished by the quality of our people and an unrivalled focus on innovation and service.
This role will be responsible for generating new business for S-RM’s Corporate Intelligence services, with a particular focus on corporate and banking clients in the APAC region. The successful candidate will be finding and developing new client relationships as well as representing S-RM in a range of forums and events.
We think that the successful candidate will be involved with some or all of the following key responsibilities:
- Develop leads and nurture prospects across Corporate Intelligence, generate pipeline and support engagement with qualified opportunities;
- Plan and deliver new business opportunities, manage the development of CI’s prospect lists, and develop and deliver campaigns to target new markets or new sectors;
- Liaise with other business units on a regular basis to understand firm-wide cross-selling opportunities that may involve Corporate Intelligence;
- Coordinate S-RM’s advisors to support Corporate Intelligence business development, and contribute towards the expansion of S-RM’s advisory network;
- Represent S-RM at industry forums, tradeshows and events and present to potential clients;
- Research consumer needs and identify how our solutions address them.
This role will be based in our Singapore offices.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We think candidates with the following skills and experience are likely to succeed at S-RM.
That said, if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box — we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
The ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of and experience with the sales process, and excels at lead generation, relationship building, and closing deals. We’re seeking a quick learner who has strong negotiating skills — someone with a track record of success who can inspire the same in others.
We’re looking for someone that is able to adapt to change and work comfortably in a fast-paced environment, this person will have some or all of these skills:
- Proven record of success with the entire sales cycle, from planning to closing;
- Demonstrable success in consultancy sales;
- Strong consultative approach to developing relationships with clients and intermediaries;
- Knowledge and experience of using CRM systems;
- Knowledge of a foreign language or regional expertise would be advantageous;
- Interest in and aptitude for the regulatory and compliance issues encountered across the S-RM international client base;
- Excellent communication, writing and negotiation skills; and,
- Ability to travel at least 20% of the time.
All candidates must have permission to work in the Singapore by the start of their employment.
We offer thoughtful, balanced rewards and support to help our people do their best work and live their lives outside it, including:
- Holiday – 20 days per year increasing to 25 days (+1 day for every year you worked at S-RM, up to a maximum of 5 days) in addition to bank holidays
- Parental Support:
- Maternity leave – 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay
- Paternity leave – 6 weeks of full pay
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year
- Various Health and Medical Benefits:
- Private medical healthcare with Great Eastern including clinical, hospital and dental cover. Offered to you, your partner and children (subject to T&Cs of the policy)
- Life insurance – 4x annual salary
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) for employee and immediate family, including counselling sessions
- Eye tests and glasses reimbursement up to certain cost on an annual basis
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app Headspace
- Seasonal flu vaccination
- CPF (Central Provident Fund) – in line with the legislation
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply for this role, please send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com.
The application process will include:
- A preliminary call, which will be a chance for you to find out more about S-RM and the role.
- First Interview with the Sales team – this will be run remotely
- Second interview with members of the Corporate Intelligence team in the region – this will be run remotely
- Potentially a 3rd interview with a combination of Senior Managers in the business – this will also be run remotely
We nurture a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.