We are seeking an Associate to join the Asia-Pacific team within the company’s Corporate Intelligence division in Hong Kong.
WHO WE ARE
S-RM is a global intelligence and cyber security consultancy. Founded in 2005, we have 250+ practitioners spanning seven international offices, serving clients across all regions and major sectors.
We support our clients by providing intelligence that informs critical decision-making and strategies, from investments and partnerships through to disputes; by helping organisations build resilience to cyber security threats; and by responding to cyber-attacks and organisational crises.
Client focus is at the heart of what we do. Our advice is direct, honest and objective, and we deliver actionable results by bringing together the best talent and creating teams designed to address unique problems and complex challenges.
As an Associate you will support the development of a team of Analysts. You will be expected to promote best practice relating to research, assessment and methodology and ensure delivery aligns with the high expectations of our clients.
Good teamwork and clear communication are integral to success at S-RM. We work together to address multi-faceted intelligence challenges in order to provide our clients with well-sourced, objective reporting on sometimes contentious and complex issues. On occasion, experienced associates attend business development and client management meetings, which may include travel to expand our human source network in their region of specialism. As you develop in the role, you will be expected to nurture a network of external contacts, and to build up your knowledge of the commercial and legal dynamics that impact our work. You will also be expected to keep abreast of key developments in your region of focus, guiding the analysts whose work you manage to ensure it is as incisive, objective and as nuanced as possible.
S-RM provides a mixture of internal and external training to promote your development, in addition to providing ongoing mentoring and support in your career.
We expect that the successful candidate will likely be involved with some or all of the following:
- Managing open source and human source-led due diligence investigations;
- Writing regionally-focused reports on companies and individuals;
- Editing reports and providing constructive feedback;
- Developing of less-experienced Analysts, including involvement in their training and development;
- Preparing proposals for new business;
- Analysing human source material and supporting the development of S-RM’s human source network; and,
- Presenting to case managers and clients.
The role will be based in our Hong Kong office, however we have flexible working arrangements available.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We think candidates with the following qualifications and experience are likely to succeed as an Associate at S-RM.
That said, if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas and have some interest and capabilities in others.
We nurture a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.
The ideal candidate will likely have some or all of the following skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree OR relevant work experience;
- Experience working in Corporate Intelligence;
- Some experience interacting with clients;
- Some experience planning and organising projects;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent research and investigative skills;
- A working knowledge of financial and commercial concepts;
- Fluency in at least one major Asian language.
The following skills and attributes would likely be beneficial for the role:
- A clear interest in regional political and business affairs;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive mindset and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required; and,
- An ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in Hong Kong by the start of their employment.
We offer thoughtful, balanced rewards and support to help our people do their best work and live their lives outside it, including:
- Holiday – 20 days per year increasing to 25 days (+1 day for every year you worked at S-RM, up to a maximum of 5 days) in addition to bank holidays
- Parental Support:
- Maternity leave- 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay
- Paternity leave– 6 weeks of full pay
- Maternity benefit (as part of the Private medical healthcare cover) for female employees and wives of male employees – after 1 year on cover.
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year
- Various Health and Medical Benefits:
- Private medical healthcare with Manulife including clinical, hospital and dental cover. Offered to you, your partner* and children**
- Life insurance – 4x annual salary
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) for employee and immediate family, including counselling sessions
- Eye tests and glasses reimbursement up to certain cost on an annual basis
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app Headspace
- Seasonal flu vaccination
- MPF (Mandatory Provident Fund) – MPF mandatory minimum contribution is 5% which is currently capped at HKD$1,500 per month. On top of that we offer an additional 1% of voluntary matching contribution up to a total maximum of 6%.
THE APPLICAtiON PROCESS
We want to get to know you, and for you to get to know us, to see if we’d be a good fit. We are responsive and respectful of people’s time throughout our hiring process.
The easiest way to get your details to us is to send a CV and cover letter to Recruitment@s-rminform.com.
We expect the interview process will consist of the following steps:
- A preliminary call which will be a chance for you to find out more about S-RM and the role.
- One interview discussing the research task and your technical skills.
- One interview discussing your previous experience, broader competencies, and suitability for the role.
And that’s it.
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.