S-RM are looking for a Commercial Analyst to join our Central Business Development (‘BD’) team.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Commercial Analyst will contribute directly to lead generation and BD research, as well as heading client outreach and engagement efforts. The role will involve frequent engagement with senior stakeholders from across the business. It presents an opportunity to learn more about the breadth of service and commercial strategy S-RM offers.
The successful applicant will be required to develop a good working knowledge of the full product suite that S-RM offers, with a particular focus on our Corporate Intelligence practice. The analyst will, as part of their role, be required to liaise with internal stakeholders across Business Units (BUs), international offices and other central teams such as marketing.
The BD analyst will join a small central team which is dedicated to BD co-ordination and new business generation at S-RM. They will be primarily, but not exclusively, focused on our Corporate Intelligence practice.
The role will be based in our London office, however we have flexible working arrangements available.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Compile research on prospective leads and development strategies to grow existing client accounts.
- Help identify and prepare material for client outreach and ahead of sales calls, meetings and events.
- Attend (virtually or otherwise) client/prospect meetings and engagements.
- Help to draft follow up emails to client meetings and update S-RM’s CRM system.
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings with the Board, BU Heads, and international offices to coordinate BD initiatives and efforts globally.
- Contribute to BD strategy discussions.
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent communications skills;
- As a minimum, a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree;
- Excellent qualitative research and analytical skills;
- Demonstrable experience planning and organising research projects; and,
- A working knowledge of financial and commercial concepts.
- No direct prior experience of the corporate intelligence, risk management or cyber security sectors is required. However, moderate professional experience working in the professional services sector is required;
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, honesty and reliability;
- A proven ability to work unsupervised and operate with a degree of autonomy;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive mindset and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required; and,
- An ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
- Market leading maternity and paternity benefits including:
- Maternity leave: 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks half pay
- Paternity leave: 6 weeks of full pay
- 25 holiday days per year + bank holidays, which increases with service to a maximum of 30 days
- Fertility treatment leave
- 6% matching pension contribution
- 4 x annual salary life insurance
- Support of your mental wellbeing, including counselling sessions available to you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Availability of a variety of training courses including online learning
- Very comprehensive private medical insurance as well as eye tests and glasses reimbursement, and seasonal flu vaccination
- Dental Insurance
- Season ticket loan for your train commute
- Cycle to work scheme
- A formalised recognition programme
To apply for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion. We are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.