Reporting to the Senior HR Director, the main purpose of the Global Compensation and Benefits Manager is to be the lead as well as the technical expert on compensation and benefits related matters. The main responsibilities of the role include working with the S-RM HR team globally in the creation of compensation and benefits policies, programs and communications. This is a very important role supporting the global HR team by coming up with creative solutions and meeting the compensation and benefits needs in line with the company’s broader global HR vision and values.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to the global compensation and benefits strategy in collaboration with the Senior HR Director
- Designs, implements and provides ongoing management of global compensation & benefits programmes such as the sales incentive programme, annual bonus, long service awards, non-cash awards, total reward statements etc.
- Responsible for the benefits administration for the UK/HK/NY offices and new offices as they are established and manages day-to-day vendor relationships for these locations.
- Responsible for auditing benefits globally and will lead any benefits re-design and manage the implementation and communication of these.
- Provides support and advice to the South African and Brazilian offices on benefits design and vendor management.
- Carrys out benchmarking of compensation and benefits globally to ensure that the business remains competitive.
- Supports the implementation of the global secondment programme, drafting secondment letters, providing input for the secondment packages, understanding taxation and coordinating the transition.
- Manages the annual salary and bonus planning process by establishing and communicating the schedule, working with Finance to model and establish budgets and providing guidance on the process and tools to the Remuneration Committee and planning managers. Auditing data, producing reports and providing analysis of results as well as working closely with local HR to deliver all aspects of the process successfully.
- Responsible for gender and ethnic pay gap reporting, analysing results and making recommendations to the Management Committee.
- Supports job evaluation by guiding managers through the process and evaluating roles
- Responsible for the review and update of any compensation and benefits policy documentation and supports the Senior HR Director with any compensation and benefits communications
- Administers payroll for the UK and US payrolls. Collects variables, reviews and approves payrolls with Finance.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Educated to degree level preferably in Human Resources or related field
- Holds or is working towards a recognised qualification in Compensation and benefits
- Minimum 3 years direct experience of working in compensation & benefits
- Experience of international benefits, salary review processes and bonus programmes
- Experience in international mobility programmes and taxation is highly preferable
- Proven knowledge and application of HR practices, principles and applicable laws and regulations across the European region or international locations. Experience of working with any of the S-RM locations would be preferable (US/SA/Brazil/Hong Kong)
- Preferably from a financial services/consultancy based business
The individual will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to compile, interpret data, detect trends, draw conclusions and formulate recommendations
- Ability to work with large quantities of data and multiple spreadsheets whilst maintaining accuracy
- Very strong organisation and project management skills
- Strong administration skills
- Very good numeracy skills, strong IT (Excel/word/powerpoint)
- Experience of using a HRIS and external compensation and benefit vendor partner reporting systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Integrity and approachability, team player
- Self-motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Proactive in approach
- Flexible – able to juggle workload in light of changing requirements and handle ambiguity. Must be results oriented with ability to change priorities as needed
- HR skills to deal with confidential and sensitive situations
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.