WHO ARE WE
S-RM is a global intelligence and cyber security consultancy. Since 2005, we have helped companies, governments and private individuals solve some of their most complex challenges.
We have been able to do this because of our outstanding people. We are committed to developing bright, curious, enthusiastic people who want to think critically, solve complex problems, and achieve success.
But we also know that work is not everything. It is about the lives and careers it helps us build. We are immensely proud of this culture and we invest in our people’s wellbeing, learning, and ideas every day.
We are excited that you are thinking about joining us.
Our Corporate Intelligence division uses the latest research and intelligence-gathering techniques to investigate how companies and individuals really do business in today’s world. We work with some of the most prominent and sophisticated organisations to help them understand partners, customers, assets and territories across the globe – the healthcare company a private equity firm wants to invest in; the prospective client a bank wants to onboard; the market a multinational wants to enter.
We also provide specialised investigative support to law firms, businesses and individuals in contentious situations such as litigation, commercial disputes and internal investigations. Further information about each of our five Corporate Intelligence practice areas can be found on our website: Compliance Due Diligence, Deal Advisory, Disputes & Investigations, ESG and Strategic Intelligence.
We are looking for someone who is adaptable, can be part of a team and wants to grow with the business. A Corporate Intelligence Analyst is likely to take on the following tasks on a day-to-day basis:
- Conducting in-depth online research on subjects – whether they be individuals or companies – using various open-source tools in support of corporate investigations or due diligence projects across Latin America;
- Critically analysing and assessing all information obtained during research;
- Conducting English, Portuguese and Spanish language research on regional commercial, security and political issues;
- Presenting research, assessments and accurate reports that are written in English.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We think candidates with the following skills and experience are likely to succeed as an Analyst at S-RM.
That said, if you do not think you meet all the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box – we are looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
We are looking for someone that is able to adapt to change and works comfortably in a fast-paced environment, this person will have some or all of these skills and qualifications and experience:
- As a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- Fluency or high working proficiency in English, Portuguese, and/or Spanish, with a focus on analysing and presenting complex themes and subjects;
- A demonstrable understanding of the different forms that corruption, bribery and influence peddling take across sectors and jurisdictions in Latin America;
- An understanding of the media and legal landscape in the region;
- A demonstrable understanding of political, economic and commercial dynamics in Latin America;
- The ability to write in clear and concise business English;
- Great teamwork and verbal communication skills and an agile and proactive approach to your own career development; and,
- Prior investigative experience in the public or private sector and/or familiarity with business-focused research is desirable, but not essential.
All candidates must have permission to work in Brazil by the start of their employment.
We offer thoughtful, balanced rewards and support to help our people do their best work and live their lives outside it, this includes but is not exhaustive of:
- 30 days holiday per year in addition to bank holidays (+1 day for every day of service up to a maximum of 35 days) after 12 months in the company.
- Parental Support:
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year;
- Maternity leave – 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay;
- Paternity leave – 6 weeks of full pay.
- Various Health and Medical Benefits:
- Private dental and medical insurance (taxable benefit);
- EAP programme for you and your immediate family;
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app Headspace;
- Transportation and Meal Vouchers
This role will be based in our Rio de Janeiro office, however we have flexible working arrangements available.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply for this role, please send an up-to-date CV and a cover letter or recent writing sample (>400 words and in English) to email@example.com.
The application process will include:
- A preliminary call, which will be a chance for you to find out more about S-RM and the role.
- A written research task. This will assess your analytical and writing skills and give you a better sense of the work we do.
- First interview – to discuss your interest in the role, previous work experience and your written test.
- Second interview – with senior management.
We nurture a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.