WHO WE ARE
S-RM is a global intelligence and cyber security consultancy. Since 2005, we’ve helped some of the most demanding clients in the world solve some of their toughest information security challenges.
We’ve been able to do this because of our outstanding people. We’re committed to developing bright, curious, driven individuals who want to think critically, solve complex problems, and achieve success.
But we also know that work isn’t everything, it’s about the lives and careers it helps us build. We’re immensely proud of this culture and we invest in our people’s wellbeing, learning, and ideas every day.
We’re excited you’re thinking about joining us.
WORKING IN CYBER AT S-RM
Our Cyber Security division is the newest and fastest-growing part of S-RM. The cyber sector is always evolving, and our Advisory, Testing, Incident Response and Forensics practices are in more demand than ever.
We’re building a team to meet this challenge. This means we’re quick to respond, innovate, and improve. We don’t get too hung up on hierarchy or bureaucracy. If your ideas are good enough, we’ll empower you to implement them. If you’re the best person to talk to a customer, you’ll get that opportunity, regardless of the title in your email signature. And when you need a hand, your team will always have your back.
We also don’t believe there’s a typical cyber security professional. We’ve built a team of intelligence analysts, technical specialists, software developers, investigators, risk managers, and more. You’ll always find a range of perspectives and expertise to help you learn and grow.
If that sounds like your kind of team, we’d like to hear from you.
Our Cyber Advisory Associates lead the majority of our consultancy engagements. They work closely with our clients to understand their challenges, innovate solutions and deliver findings. Our aim is to become trusted advisors to our clients.
Our Associates are project managers and people managers, as well as consultants. As a leader within S-RM, you will have the opportunity to develop junior colleagues, drive improvements in products and services and contribute to practice strategy.
As such, our Associates are critical to S-RM’s success.
You will work across the full spectrum of cyber risk management and governance projects, helping your clients to build cyber resilience, enhance their understanding of the threat landscape and become better prepared to face dynamic and evolving security risks. Typical activities and projects include:
- Adapting security frameworks to create products that get to the heart of client questions
- Developing remedial roadmaps to improve client security
- Recommending tools, processes and solutions that solve problems rather than create more complexity
- Overseeing technical implementation plans
- Developing response plans, policies and procedures
- Developing and delivering cyber security training packages
- Leading workshops with client stakeholders across operational and leadership levels
- Facilitating incident response and crisis management exercises
- Collaborating closely with our incident response and ethical hacking teams to integrate our services and support to clients
- Keeping on top of threat intelligence developments, delivering threat assessments and dark web analysis
- Advising clients on cyber security strategy and achieving the best return on investment
- Communicating complex technical language into easy to understand guidance for executives
Other features of the role include:
- Range of opportunities: in addition to deepening your Advisory expertise, you will have opportunities to broaden your security awareness into penetration testing and incident response projects and be able to learn from colleagues across the business
- Variety of project work: the opportunity to work on a huge variety of client sectors, geographies, levels of cyber maturity and challenges
- Internal initiatives: all of our consultants contribute to internal training initiatives to share knowledge and upskill colleagues. You will have the opportunity to become a thought leader, develop product and services and contribute to team strategy
- Training and development: at least one external course per year to further your professional development and career aspirations.
- Line management: when you’re ready you will have the opportunity to take on the management and mentoring of junior colleagues
- Flexible working practices
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Nobody ticks every box—we’re looking for candidates who are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
We nurture a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.
We’re looking for candidates with:
- Strong academic background
- Previous experience in an information security role
- Prior consulting experience is beneficial
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Experience presenting verbal updates to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Project management aptitude
- Demonstrable knowledge in some of the following areas: o Cyber / information security standards and frameworks: for example NIST CSF, CIS, ISO27001
– Information security principles, tools, technologies and techniques
– Security risk management methodologies
– Holding, or working towards, information security certifications will be beneficial. For example SANS Institute, Security+, CISM, CISSP or ISO27001 accreditation
Applicants must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
We offer thoughtful rewards and support to help our people achieve a great balance in their professional and personal lives, including:
- Market leading maternity and paternity benefits including: o Maternity leave: 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks half pay
- Paternity leave: 6 weeks of full pay
- 25 holiday days per year + bank holidays, which increases with service to a maximum of 30 days
- Up to 40% off with Nuffield Gyms and 20% off for partners
- Fertility treatment leave
- 6% matching pension contribution
- 4 x annual salary life insurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) for employees and immediate family, including counselling sessions
- Flexible working hours
- Extensive training available, including through LinkedIn Learning with access to more than 13,000 different courses
- Comprehensive private medical insurance as well as eye tests and glasses reimbursement, and seasonal flu vaccination
- Dental Insurance
- Season ticket loan for your train commute
- Cycle to work scheme
- A formalised recognition programme
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
We want to get to know you, and for you to get to know us, to see if we’d be a good fit. We are responsive and respectful of people’s time throughout our hiring process.
A typical application process includes:
- Initial screening of your application by our recruiting team
- A technical interview to assess your baseline skills
- A scenario based assessment to give you some insight into the work we do
- A scenario-based interview to understand how you would approach some of the challenges you’ll be faced with in the role
The easiest way to get your details to us is to send a CV and cover letter to Recruitment@s-rminform.com.
And that’s it.