WHO WE ARE
S-RM is a global intelligence and cyber security consultancy. Since 2005, we’ve helped some of the most demanding clients in the world solve some of their toughest information security challenges.
We’ve been able to do this because of our outstanding people. We’re committed to developing bright, curious, driven individuals who want to think critically, solve complex problems, and achieve success.
But we also know that work isn’t everything. It’s about the lives and careers it helps us build. We’re immensely proud of this culture and we invest in our people’s wellbeing, learning, and ideas every day.
We’re excited you’re thinking about joining us.
WORKING IN CYBER AT S-RM
Our Cyber Security division is the newest and fastest-growing part of S-RM. The cyber sector is always evolving, and our Advisory, Testing, and Incident Response practices are in more demand than ever. Our cyber team based in the Netherlands is the newest addition within Cyber, delivering all of our services to clients in the Netherlands, the Benelux, even the entire European region.
We’re building a team to meet this challenge. This means we’re quick to respond, innovate, and improve. We don’t get too hung up on hierarchy or bureaucracy. If your ideas are good enough, we’ll empower you to implement them. If you’re the best person to talk to a customer, you’ll get that opportunity, regardless of the title in your email signature. And when you need a hand, your team will always have your back.
We also don’t believe there’s a typical cyber security professional. We’ve built a team of intelligence analysts, technical specialists, software developers, investigators, risk managers, and more. You’ll always find a range of perspectives and expertise to help you learn and grow.
If that sounds like your kind of team, we’d like to hear from you.
Our Cyber Incident Responders are a critical part of our Cyber Security division’s success.
You will work across the full lifecycle of security incidents to help our clients respond and recover, including:
- Collecting technical evidence from client environments.
- Ingesting evidence into analysis platforms such as forensic analysis tools or log analysis platforms.
- Investigating cyber incidents to determine whether the confidentiality, integrity or availability of the information has been affected.
- Gathering intelligence on threat actors to inform decision-making in high pressure situations.
- Advising clients on containment actions designed to limit the effects of cyber incidents.
- Deploying technologies such as endpoint detection and response solutions or tactical SIEM.
- Assisting the recovery of clients’ IT infrastructure during and after cyber attacks.
- Communicating technical language into key takeaways for executives.
Other features of the role include:
- Variety of casework: no day will be the same. Our team responds to a huge variety of incidents for both public and corporate clients.
- Range of opportunities: you will have opportunities to broaden your security awareness into testing and advisory projects, in addition to deepening your incident response expertise.
- Flexible working practices: responding to incidents can be intense, high-pressure work. We are mindful of our team’s work/life balance and offer flexible working options to support your wellbeing.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We think candidates with the following qualifications and experience are likely to succeed as Cyber Incident Responders at S-RM.
That said, if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas and have some interest and capabilities in others.
We nurture a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.
We’re looking for:
- Tertiary education (HBO/WO) or relevant industry experience
- Ideally some experience in responding to a variety of cyber incidents
- Any experience presenting verbal updates or written reports to internal/external stakeholders with non-technical backgrounds would be highly beneficial. It would also be a benefit if you have prior consulting experience, though it is not a requirement
- Demonstrable knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Endpoint Forensic Analysis
- Malware Analysis
- Network Forensics
- Cloud Forensics
- Mobile Device Analysis
- Evidence Handling and Preservation
- Industrial Control Systems and Operational Technology
- Common enterprise security technologies (endpoint protection, SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR, DLP)
- Windows system administration and associated concepts
- Identity management including Active Directory
- Managing routers, gateways and switches
- Virtualisation technologies (ESXI, VMWare etc.)
- Linux administration
- Email infrastructure (Office 365, on-premise Exchange)
- Remote access infrastructure
Relevant industry certifications are not required for this role. However, holding any of the following is beneficial: GCFE, GCFA, EnCE, CFSR, CISSP, GREM, CCNA, MCFE, OSCP, Network+ and Security+
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the Netherlands by the start of their employment.
We offer thoughtful, balanced rewards and support to help our people do their best work and live their lives outside it, including:
- Maternity and paternity benefits including:
- Maternity leave: 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks half pay
- Paternity leave: 6 weeks of full pay
- 25 holiday days per year, which increases with service to a maximum of 30 days + public holidays
- 6% matching pension contribution
- Several options around mobility such as an OV-card or a lease car
- 4 x annual salary life insurance
- EAP for your mental wellbeing, including counselling sessions available to you and your family
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app Headspace
- Flexible working hours
- Extensive training available, including through LinkedIn Learning with access to more than 13,000 different courses
The Application Process
We want to get to know you, and for you to get to know us, to see if we’d be a good fit. We are responsive and respectful of people’s time throughout our hiring process.
A typical application process includes:
- Initial screening of your application by our recruiting team
- A technical interview to assess your baseline skills and give you some insight into the work we do
- A meeting with some of our team members to get to know each other and see if there’s a match as a team
- A scenario-based interview to understand how you would approach some of the challenges you’ll be faced within the role.
The easiest way to get your details to us is to send a CV and cover letter to Recruitment@s-rminform.com.
And that’s it.