We are looking to recruit Cyber Security Consultants to join our growing, vibrant community of security professionals based out of our London office.
You will work at the core of our customers’ mission to defend themselves from cyber attacks by helping them to clearly understand their exposure and put in place pragmatic and cost effective controls.
S-RM’s Cyber Security team is committed to providing our Consultants with a mixture of internal and external training to assist with their development in addition to mentoring and ongoing support for their careers at all levels. We have an incredibly diverse client base with varied projects giving you the ability to further expand your knowledge of new industries, technologies, current threats, and key vulnerabilities within the rapidly evolving cyber environment.
The work we carry out typically falls into three broad areas: technical and controlled assessments, regulatory compliance assistance, and bespoke consulting primarily around incident response, penetration testing, vulnerability management, and cyber security training consulting.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivery of cyber security work-streams and engagements within all sizes of organisations
- Understanding business and information risk in the context of our customers and judging risk at a technical and business process level
- Reviewing effectiveness of controls and managing continuous security improvement programmes
- Analysing and researching security technologies to support the development of innovative solutions
- Assisting with the marketing and business development activities
- Developing constructive client relationships as well as partnerships both inside and outside of S-RM
- Developing an understanding of S-RM’s broader offerings to enable identification of cross-selling business opportunities
- Coaching and developing team members through sharing of experience and knowledge
- Represent S-RM at external events
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Higher degree or equivalent – open to discipline
- Experience of managing and delivering large, complex IT projects in a number of market sectors (FS, Infrastructure, Government and Healthcare, Energy, Utilities etc) – preferably within a Cyber Security focus
- Proven experience in business analysis and understanding of cyber security principles, standards, processes and technologies across a broad range of markets.
- Clear and demonstrable understanding of security, risk and IT standards, policies and frameworks.
- Proven experience of producing high quality deliverables working alone and as part of a team.
- Understanding of a wide range of information security and IT methodologies, principles, technologies and techniques
- Experience of consulting gained with a top tier consultancy, security boutique or systems integrator.
- Hold CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC or similar qualifications preferred
The applicant will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- A passion for and understanding of cyber security trends and threats
- Effective business acumen and an understanding of the cyber security challenges faced by organisations
- Ability to articulate and pitch security advice, often at a technical level, directly to key customer stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), negotiation and project management skills
- Ability to deliver high quality work within a fast paced and ambitious working environment
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the United Kingdom by the start of their employment.