WHO WE ARE
S-RM is a global intelligence and cybersecurity consultancy. Since 2005, we’ve helped some of the most demanding clients in the world solve some of their toughest information security challenges.
We’ve been able to do this because of our outstanding people. We’re committed to developing bright, curious, driven individuals who want to think critically, solve complex problems, and achieve success.
But we also know that work isn’t everything, it’s about the lives and careers it helps us build. We’re immensely proud of this culture and we invest in our people’s wellbeing, learning, and ideas every day.
We’re excited you’re thinking about joining us.
WORKING IN CYBER AT S-RM
Our Cybersecurity practice is the newest and fastest-growing part of S-RM. The cyber sector is always evolving, and our Advisory, Testing, Incident Response and Forensics practices are in more demand than ever.
We’re building a team to meet this challenge. This means we’re quick to respond, innovate, and improve. We don’t get too hung up on hierarchy or bureaucracy. If your ideas are good enough, we’ll empower you to implement them. If you’re the best person to talk to a customer, you’ll get that opportunity, regardless of the title in your email signature. And when you need a hand, your team will always have your back.
We also don’t believe there’s a typical cybersecurity professional. We’ve built a team of intelligence analysts, technical specialists, software developers, investigators, risk managers, and more. You’ll always find a range of perspectives and expertise to help you learn and grow.
If that sounds like your kind of team, we’d like to hear from you.
Our Cyber Advisory Managers lead our consultancy engagements and are a vital part of our team’s work.
You will work directly with our clients to understand their challenges and lead project teams to develop solutions. You will own the impact of your engagements and become a valued partner of world-class companies as you improve their information security across a range of cyber risk management and governance projects.
Our Cyber Advisory Managers are project managers and people managers, as well as consultants. You will develop junior colleagues, drive improvements in products and services, and contribute to practice strategy.
Typical activities and projects include:
- Client engagement and account management: work with clients to understand their priorities and translate them into compelling proposals to win new business and expand existing accounts.
- Consultancy delivery: use your expertise to lead engagements, including framework assessments, strategic advisory, training exercises, and threat intelligence assessments.
- Project management: oversee technical implementational plans, organising sub-contractors and collaboration with internal teams to deliver timely, successful results. You will be expected run manage multiple engagements at the same time.
- Internal initiatives and strategy: support and lead internal initiatives on product development, process management, and tech enablement to better support clients. You will have the opportunity to become a thought leader, develop products and services, and contribute to team strategy.
- People management: line manage 2-4 colleagues (with senior support if necessary), including quality control of deliverables, mentoring, and professional development.
- Development and domain knowledge: endeavour to develop your own cyber expertise and share it with the wider team through internal initiatives and programs.
Other features of the role include:
- Range of opportunities: in addition to deepening your Advisory expertise, you will have opportunities to broaden your security awareness into other areas of the business.
- Variety of project work: the opportunity to work on a huge variety of client sectors, geographies, levels of cyber maturity and challenges.
- Training and development: at least one external course per year to further your professional development and career aspirations.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Candidates with the following skills and experience are likely to succeed within Cyber Advisory at S-RM.
That said, if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody ticks every box—we’re looking for candidates who are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
We nurture a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.
We’re looking for candidates with:
- 4+ years of experience, preferably within a consulting firm
- Previous experience in an information security role
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Experience presenting verbal updates to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Project management aptitude
- Demonstrable knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Cyber / information security standards and frameworks: for example NIST CSF, CIS Critical Controls, ISO27001, etc.
- Information security principles, tools, technologies and techniques
- Security risk management methodologies
- Holding, or working towards, information security certifications will be beneficial. For example SANS Institute, Security+, CISM, CISSP or ISO27001 accreditation
Applicants must have permission to work in the US by the start of their employment.
We offer thoughtful rewards and support to help our people achieve a great balance in their professional and personal lives, including:
- 20 days holiday per year in addition to 12 public holidays (+1 day for every year of service up to a maximum of 25 days);
- Life insurance – 4x annual salary;
- Matching pension contribution up to 6% (up to a maximum of 12% combined), and financial education;
- Military Leave– to a maximum of 5 years;
- Hybrid working and flexible working hours.
- Parental Support:
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year;
- Maternity leave – 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay;
- Paternity leave – 6 weeks of full pay.
- Various Health and Medical Benefits including:
- 100% Company paid private medical, dental and vision insurance for employee, partner and children;
- Gym discounts for you and your partner;
- EAP programme for you and your immediate family;
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app Headspace.
Salary information for our US Cybersecurity Senior Associate Manager positions range from: $145,000 – $215,000.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
We want to get to know you, and for you to get to know us, to see if we’d be a good fit. We are responsive and respectful of people’s time throughout our hiring process.
A typical application process includes:
- Initial screening of your application by our recruiting team
- A technical interview to assess your baseline skills
- A scenario-based interview to understand how you would approach some of the challenges you’ll be faced with in the role
The easiest way to get your details to us is to send a CV and cover letter to Recruitment@s-rminform.com.