S-RM is recruiting a Data Engineer/Data Architect to play a key role in the expansion of our digital services. This individual will be responsible for designing and developing a data warehouse and creating infrastructure to support data science initiatives as a core pillar of the company’s digital transformation agenda.
Main duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Digital, the Data Engineer / Data Architect will play a pivotal role in developing the company’s data infrastructure. The Jobholder will work closely with other developers and the Business Units as well as operational teams such as Finance, Sales, IT and external partners. As we begin to integrate our various enterprise applications such as CRM, ERP and AWS web applications into our core Azure corporate platform, we are looking for an established data engineer who can build the foundational components of our data infrastructure that will enable us to deploy AI/ML solutions to tackle key business problems.
- Play a central role in data architecture and implementation across key digital transformation initiatives in the business
- Work with key business stakeholders to establish data architecture principles and a data model to support business objectives around analytics and management information
- Design and implement ETL pipelines and data warehousing infrastructure
- Establish and maintain automated deployment and integration pipelines for data infrastructure
- Work with Corporate Intelligence and Cyber Security business units to tackle emerging data engineering problems associated with open source intelligence, forensics and incident response.
The role will be based in our London office
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Degree level education in a computer science, maths or related numerate subject, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience as a data engineer, DBA or in similar role
- Strong grounding in SQL and experience setting up and managing ETL pipelines in an enterprise environment
- Experience building and managing a data infrastructure in the Azure platform
- Demonstrable ability to work with business stakeholders in a data architecture capacity
- Preference will be given to candidates who also have experience in Elasticsearch and/or Neo4j technologies and those who have worked on Machine Learning and/or Natural Language Processing solutions
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaborate across different teams
- A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
We put a lot of effort into ensuring that out benefits package is not only meaningful, but it is also constantly evolving with our employee’s needs. Below you will find some information on a few of the benefits that all of our employees can take advantage of:
- 5% matching pension contribution
- 25 holiday days per year + bank holidays, which increases with service to a maximum of 30 days
- Support of your mental health, including counselling sessions available to you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Availability of a variety of training courses including online learning
- Maternity and paternity benefits available
- Private medical insurance as well as Eye tests and glasses reimbursement
- Local gym discount
- Season ticket loan for your train commute
- Cycle to work scheme
- A formalised recognition programme
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.