S-RM is recruiting a Data Engineer to play a key role in the expansion of our digital services. This individual will be responsible for managing a centralised data lake/warehouse as a core pillar of the company’s digital transformation agenda.
WHO ARE WE
S-RM is a global risk and intelligence consultancy. Founded in 2005, we have 350+ practitioners spanning eight international offices, serving clients across all regions and major sectors.
We support our clients by providing intelligence that informs critical decision-making and strategies, from investments and partnerships through to disputes; by helping organisations build resilience to cyber, operational and security threats; and by responding to cyber-attacks, security incidents and organisational crises.
Technology sits at the heart of our business and is central to our growth strategy. We are constantly adding new services and investing in digital transformation across all areas of the business, as we expand the scope of our Corporate Intelligence and Cyber Security offerings.
Reporting to the Technology Director, the Data Engineer will play a key role in developing the company’s data infrastructure. The Jobholder will work closely with other members of the Technology Team as well as central departments teams such as Finance, Sales and HR to bring together data from our various enterprise applications such as CRM, ERP and custom applications.
We expect that the following will be components of the key responsibilities for this position:
- Work with key business stakeholders to establish data architecture principles and a data model to support business objectives around analytics and management information
- Design and implement ETL pipelines and data lake/warehousing infrastructure
- Establish and maintain automated deployment and integration pipelines for data infrastructure
This role we be based in our London office. However, we have flexible working arrangements available.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We think candidates with the following skills and experience are likely to succeed as a Data Engineer at S-RM.
That said, if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
We’re looking for someone that is able to adapt to change and work comfortably in a fast-paced environment, this person will have some or all of these skills:
- Degree level education in a computer science, maths or related numerate subject, OR equivalent practical experience
- Extensive experience as a data engineer, DBA or in similar role
- Experience with Data Lakes and Data Lakehousing
- Strong grounding in SQL and experience setting up and managing ETL pipelines in an enterprise environment
- An understanding of Prescriptive Analytics
- Previous experience using AI and/or machine learning to automate intelligence from data
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaborate across different teams
- Strong interpersonal skills
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
We offer thoughtful, balanced rewards and support to help our people do their best work and live their lives outside it, this includes but is not exhaustive of:
- 25 days holiday per year in addition to bank holidays (+1 day for every year of service up to a maximum of 30 days in total);
- Hybrid working and flexible working hours;
- Matching pension contribution up to 6% (up to a maximum of 12% combined), and financial education;
- Life Insurance 4X annual salary.
- Parental Support:
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year;
- Maternity leave – 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay;
- Paternity leave – 6 weeks of full pay.
- Various Health and Medical Benefits including:
- Private dental and medical insurance (taxable benefit) for you and your family;
- Virtual GP for you and your family members that live in the same household;
- Various gym discounts for you and your partner;
- EAP programme for you and your immediate family;
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app Headspace.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply for this role, please send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application process will include:
- A preliminary call, which will be a chance for you to find out more about S-RM and the role.
- First interview – this will be run remotely
- Second interview – this will be run remotely
We nurture a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.