S-RM is looking to recruit a skilled developer to support its growing cyber security and incident response practice in London, creating and maintaining custom tools to enhance and streamline existing processes.
Our cyber security team works with national and multinational companies to help them grow their resiliency to cyber attacks and recover from cyber incidents caused by a range of threat actors, including organised criminal groups and nation states. We combine an investigative mindset with deep technical expertise and pride ourselves on our responsiveness and provision of clear advice and actionable results to our clients.
Above all, we are looking for proactive, critical thinkers who are strong communicators and like solving interesting problems and working in a team. As well as this, we are looking specifically for someone with practical and technical experience.
A good candidate will likely have deep knowledge of at least one high-level programming language (such as Python or Ruby) with moderate exposure to low-level language such as C/C++, Go, or Rust. In addition, they will possess a strong understanding of secure development practices, have a fascination with offensive security techniques, and possess the soft skills required to project manage the lifecycle of tooling development.
In this role, your primary responsibility will be developing scripts, tools, and utilities designed to support our incident response, forensics, and cyber security services. Specifically, this will include:
- Consulting with the team to identify and document requirements for development initiatives and coordinate delivery and maintenance.
- Supporting forensic investigations by developing scripts to parse and interrogate data stored within custom artefacts.
- Building infrastructure in Azure and on-premise to support development initiatives.
- Delivering internal training and supporting members of the team interested in expanding their development knowledge.
You will also be expected to contribute to S-RM’s wider cyber security advisory offering where appropriate, such as by contributing niche expertise or guidance on technical issues.
What experience should you have
We would like to meet candidates with previous exposure to (and a keen interest in) internal application development who have a broad base of experience configuring and maintaining supporting infrastructure.
Specifically, we are looking for someone with a broad base of hands on experience across the areas outlined below.
- Software development or scripting experience in a high-level mainstream language, such as Python or Ruby. Ideally, we are looking for people that regularly employ languages to solve day to day problems, but who can also bring an engineering perspective to system and software design. This might mean, for example, you know why you would choose one programming language over another to solve a problem.
- Strong knowledge of Azure infrastructure, and ideally prior experience managing VMWare hypervisors using vSphere.
- System administration experience with Windows and Linux systems. If you know how to pivot through an SSH connection, create a new public/private key set, and have experience with web proxies then you’re off to a good start.
- Experience with backend database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MariaDB, or Elastic/Lucene indexes. Critically, we’re looking for people who have faced and overcame the limitations of certain database systems and understand the different methods and techniques for storing and querying data.
We put a lot of effort into ensuring that out benefits package is not only meaningful, but it is also constantly evolving with our employee’s needs. Below you will find some information on a few of the benefits that all of our employees can take advantage of:
- 5% matching pension contribution
- 25 holiday days per year + bank holidays, which increases with service to a maximum of 30 days
- Support of your mental health, including counselling sessions available to you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Availability of a variety of training courses including online learning
- Maternity and paternity benefits available
- Private medical insurance as well as Eye tests and glasses reimbursement
- Local gym discount
- Season ticket loan for your train commute
- Cycle to work scheme
- A formalised recognition programme
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.