S-RM is recruiting a Developer to play a key role in the expansion of our digital services within the Central Operations team in London.
WHO WE ARE
S-RM is a global intelligence and cyber security consultancy. Since 2005, we’ve helped some of the most demanding clients in the world solve some of their toughest information security challenges.
We’ve been able to do this because of our outstanding people. We’re committed to developing bright, curious, driven individuals who want to think critically, solve complex problems, and achieve success.
But we also know that work isn’t everything. It’s about the lives and careers it helps us build. We’re immensely proud of this culture and we invest in our people’s wellbeing, learning, and ideas every day.
We’re excited you’re thinking about joining us.
Working in the Engineering (IT) team, the Jobholder will work closely with the Solutions Architect, Digital and IT teams and our external development partners to develop and support a suite of applications for our Corporate Intelligence team.
Engineering and Architecture:
- Work closely with architects, other developers and product team to design and deliver solutions that meet business needs
- Become a domain expert across our core products managed on the AWS platform: the client-facing Portal suite and an internal facing intelligence platform Swan
- Build a close working relationship with IT/Information Security and external partners to ensure solutions are robust, secure and scalable
- Collaborate with internal teams to uphold best practices for web application development
- Contribute to ‘build or buy’ decisions regarding technology selection
The role will be based in our London office, however we have flexible working arrangements available.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We think candidates with the following qualifications and experience are likely to succeed as an Analyst at S-RM.
That said, if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas and have some interest and capabilities in others.
We nurture a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.
What we are looking for:
- Degree level education in a computer science, maths or related numerate subject, or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years’ engineering experience in an enterprise software development environment
- Demonstrable experience of ground-up application design, architecture (desirable), development and integration
- Demonstrable experience in OO programming languages (i.e. C#; Java; Golang, Python) and experience in web development frameworks (i.e. PHP, ASP.net)
- Experience of developing in cloud platforms such as AWS and/ or Azure and containerised applications (dependent on AWS or Azure role- build in redundancy across teams)
- Experience of developing microservice solutions
- OAuth and OpenAPI development
- Desirable: experience with Search technologies (e.g. Lucene)
- Demonstrable knowledge of and interest in secure development practices
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience hiring, managing and mentoring junior developers
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaborate across different teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required Excellent interpersonal skillsegree level education in a computer science, maths or related numerate subject, or equivalent practical experience
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
We offer thoughtful, balanced rewards and support to help our people do their best work and live their lives outside it, including:
- Maternity and paternity benefits including:
- Maternity leave: 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay
- Paternity leave: 6 weeks of full pay
- Maternity benefit (as part of the Private medical healthcare cover) for female employees and wives of male employees – after 1 year on cover.
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year
- Holiday – 25 days per year increasing to 30 days (+1 day for every year you worked at S-RM, up to a maximum of 5 days) in addition to bank holidays
- Private medical insurance with AXA PPP (taxable benefit, tax is taken from monthly pay)
- Virtual GP and Second Medical Opinion services – timely access to medical advice 24/7, 365 days a year, open to you and your family members that live in the same household
- Various gym discounts for you and your partner
- Dental insurance with BUPA (taxable benefit, tax is taken from monthly pay)
- Life insurance – 4x annual salary
- Pension – up to 6% contribution matched by the company. Contribution is taken from gross pay – max relief is applied automatically
- Financial education – free 1-2-1 consultations and mortgage clinics with the experts from AAG. Access to quarterly live educational sessions on a variety of topics around personal finance.
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) for employees and immediate family, including counselling sessions
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app Headspace
- Seasonal flu vaccination
- Eye tests and glasses reimbursement up to certain cost on an annual basis
- Extensive training available, including through LinkedIn Learning with access to more than 13,000 different courses
- Formalised Recognition programme
- Hybrid working and flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan – deducted from payroll over 12 months
- Cycle to work scheme – up to £4,000 salary sacrifice deducted over 12 months
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
We want to get to know you, and for you to get to know us, to see if we’d be a good fit. We are responsive and respectful of people’s time throughout our hiring process.
The easiest way to get your details to us is to send a CV and cover letter to Recruitment@s-rminform.com.
And that’s it.
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.