We are seeking an experienced, creative, and analytical Associate consultant to join our Digital Forensics practice in London.
WHO WE ARE
S-RM is a global intelligence and cyber security consultancy. Since 2005, we’ve helped some of the most demanding clients in the world solve some of their toughest information security challenges.
We’ve been able to do this because of our outstanding people. We’re committed to developing bright, curious, driven individuals who want to think critically, solve complex problems, and achieve success.
But we also know that work isn’t everything. It’s about the lives and careers it helps us build. We’re immensely proud of this culture and we invest in our people’s wellbeing, learning, and ideas every day.
We’re excited you’re thinking about joining us.
The successful candidate will lead on the delivery of forensic investigations as well as playing an important part in developing S-RM’s fast-growing London Cyber team. They will bring in-depth technical expertise and project management skills to effectively deliver complex projects to multinational corporate and private clients.
The key areas of responsibility will be:
- Forensic preservation and analysis:
- Forensic evidence preservation from a range of digital sources
- Conducting in-depth forensic analysis of evidence preserved from digital sources, including but not limited to: computers; mobile devices; email and personal cloud storage accounts such as iCloud, Google, and Dropbox; corporate cloud environments such as O365, AWS and Azure; third-party chat applications such as WhatsApp, Signal, Skype and Telegram; and IOT devices such as gaming consoles and wearables.
- Research and testing:
- Conduct in-depth research and testing of new technologies, devices and platforms as part of investigations that are more bespoke in nature e.g. new wearable device or chat application
- Develop and document processes for preserving and analysing evidence from new sources to ensure the team is kept up to date on the latest capabilities
Additional responsibilities depending on experience may include:
- Project management: Manage investigations by directing the research and analysis of analysts, reviewing output and ensuring the delivery of high-quality findings, analysis and reporting.
- Practice development: Contribute to thought-leadership around forensic processes and procedures and support development and implementation of new technology and methodologies.
- Training: Deliver training on forensic preservation and analysis and other areas of expertise.
Other features of the role include:
- Flexible working practices: We are mindful of our team’s work/life balance. The role will be based at our London office, however, we offer flexible working options to support your wellbeing.
WHAT WE ARE Looking FOr
We think candidates with the following qualifications and experience are likely to succeed as an Associate at S-RM.
That said, if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas and have some interest and capabilities in others.
We nurture a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.
We’re looking for:
- As a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited university. Relevant disciplines include any STEM or other analytical subjects. Exceptional candidates with relevant professional experience outside of these fields will be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience servicing private sector clients in forensic and intelligence consulting, cyber incident response, or technical investigations.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent research and investigative skills.
- Deep familiarity with digital forensics tools and techniques including but not limited to:
- Forensic preservation methodologies including the ACPO guidelines, chain of custody, and record keeping;
- Windows forensics;
- iOS and Android forensics;
- Mac OS X forensics (preferable, not essential).
- Experience conducting forensic analysis and leading the technical investigation for cases including:
- Intellectual property theft;
- Fraud, embezzlement or other financial crime;
- Defamation and reputation damage;
- Employee misconduct;
- Insider trading;
- Bribery and corruption.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality findings from forensic analysis to board executives and legal counsel.
The candidate will need to have the following key personal attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, honesty and reliability;
- An inquisitive nature and excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive mindset and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required;
- A creative approach to answering client questions and solving problems;
- An ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
We offer thoughtful, balanced rewards and support to help our people do their best work and live their lives outside it, including:
- Maternity and paternity benefits including:
- Maternity leave: 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay
- Paternity leave: 6 weeks of full pay
- Maternity benefit (as part of the Private medical healthcare cover) for female employees and wives of male employees – after 1 year on cover.
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year
- Holiday – 25 days per year increasing to 30 days (+1 day for every year you worked at S-RM, up to a maximum of 5 days) in addition to bank holidays
- Private medical insurance with AXA PPP (taxable benefit, tax is taken from monthly pay)
- Virtual GP and Second Medical Opinion services – timely access to medical advice 24/7, 365 days a year, open to you and your family members that live in the same household
- Various gym discounts for you and your partner
- Dental insurance with BUPA (taxable benefit, tax is taken from monthly pay)
- Life insurance – 4x annual salary
- Pension – up to 6% contribution matched by the company. Contribution is taken from gross pay – max relief is applied automatically
- Financial education – free 1-2-1 consultations and mortgage clinics with the experts from AAG. Access to quarterly live educational sessions on a variety of topics around personal finance.
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) for employees and immediate family, including counselling sessions
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app Headspace
- Seasonal flu vaccination
- Eye tests and glasses reimbursement up to certain cost on an annual basis
- Extensive training available, including through LinkedIn Learning with access to more than 13,000 different courses
- Formalised Recognition programme
- Hybrid working and flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan – deducted from payroll over 12 months
- Cycle to work scheme – up to £4,000 salary sacrifice deducted over 12 month
The Application Process
We want to get to know you, and for you to get to know us, to see if we’d be a good fit. We are responsive and respectful of people’s time throughout our hiring process.
The easiest way to get your details to us is to send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And that’s it.
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.