We are seeking an experienced, creative, and analytical Associate consultant to join our Digital Forensics practice in London.
Main duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will lead on the delivery of forensic investigations as well as playing an important part in developing S-RM’s fast-growing London Cyber team. They will bring in-depth technical expertise and project management skills to effectively deliver complex projects to multinational corporate and private clients.
The key areas of responsibility will be:
- Forensic preservation and analysis:
- Forensic evidence preservation from a range of digital sources
- Conducting in-depth forensic analysis of evidence preserved from digital sources, including but not limited to: computers; mobile devices; email and personal cloud storage accounts such as iCloud, Google, and Dropbox; corporate cloud environments such as O365, AWS and Azure; third-party chat applications such as WhatsApp, Signal, Skype and Telegram; and IOT devices such as gaming consoles and wearables.
- Research and testing:
- Conduct in-depth research and testing of new technologies, devices and platforms as part of investigations that are more bespoke in nature e.g. new wearable device or chat application
- Develop and document processes for preserving and analysing evidence from new sources to ensure the team is kept up to date on the latest capabilities
Additional responsibilities depending on experience may include:
- Project management: Manage investigations by directing the research and analysis of analysts, reviewing output and ensuring the delivery of high-quality findings, analysis and reporting.
- Practice development: Contribute to thought-leadership around forensic processes and procedures and support development and implementation of new technology and methodologies.
- Training: Deliver training on forensic preservation and analysis and other areas of expertise.
The role will be based in our London office however flexible working arrangements are available.
Skills, qualifications and experience
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- As a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited university. Relevant disciplines include any STEM or other analytical subjects. Exceptional candidates with relevant professional experience outside of these fields will be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience servicing private sector clients in forensic and intelligence consulting, cyber incident response, or technical investigations.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent research and investigative skills
- Deep familiarity with digital forensics tools and techniques including but not limited to:
- Forensic preservation methodologies including the ACPO guidelines, chain of custody, and record keeping
- Windows forensics
- iOS and Android forensics
- Mac OS X forensics (preferable, not essential)
- Experience conducting forensic analysis and leading the technical investigation for cases including:
- Intellectual property theft
- Fraud, embezzlement or other financial crime
- Defamation and reputation damage
- Employee misconduct
- Insider trading
- Bribery and corruption
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality findings from forensic analysis to board executives and legal counsel
The candidate will need to have the following key personal attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, honesty and reliability
- An inquisitive nature and excellent attention to detail
- A proactive mindset and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required.
- A creative approach to answering client questions and solving problems.
- An ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
- Market leading maternity and paternity benefits including:
- Maternity leave: 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks half pay
- Paternity leave: 6 weeks of full pay
- 25 holiday days per year + bank holidays, which increases with service to a maximum of 30 days
- Fertility treatment leave
- 6% matching pension contribution
- 4 x annual salary life insurance
- Support of your mental wellbeing, including counselling sessions available to you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Availability of a variety of training courses including online learning
- Very comprehensive private medical insurance as well as eye tests and glasses reimbursement, and seasonal flu vaccination
- Dental Insurance
- Season ticket loan for your train commute
- Cycle to work scheme
- A formalised recognition programme
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.