S-RM is looking for an experienced Director to lead our Corporate Intelligence team in our new Singapore office.
This exciting new role will involve management of business development and delivery in Singapore, where we are opening an office in Q1 2023 as part of our regional development strategy.
who we are
S-RM is a global risk and intelligence consultancy. Founded in 2005, we have 300+ practitioners spanning eight international offices, serving clients across all regions and major sectors.
We support our clients by providing intelligence that informs critical decision-making and strategies, from investments and partnerships through to disputes; by helping organisations build resilience to cyber, operational and security threats; and by responding to cyber-attacks, security incidents and organisational crises.
Technology sits at the heart of our business and is central to our growth strategy. Our existing digital services include Portal, a secure report-management application, Monitor, an integrity and reputation monitoring service, GSI, a security risk platform and Swan, an intelligence collection platform. We are constantly adding new services and investing in digital transformation across all areas of the business, as we expand the scope of our Corporate Intelligence and Cyber Security offerings.
The S-RM Singapore Director will report into the regional Head of Corporate Intelligence for Asia, who is based in Hong Kong, where we have an existing team of c. 20 corporate intelligence practioners. The S-RM Singapore office will work in close collaboration with the S-RM Hong Kong office, which will remain our regional HQ.
We already have a diverse portfolio of existing clients in Singapore – including private equity firms, investment banks, law firms, and corporates – and we plan to expand on this significantly in the coming years. The Singapore Director will lead this process, working first and foremost to build out our presence and reputation in Singapore. Consistent with our other global offices, we expect the Singapore Director to take a hands-on approach, overseeing both business development and having an active role leading delivery in Singapore.
Initially, we anticipate the Singapore Director will lead a small team of 4-5 practioners, who will work on an integrated workflow with the Hong Kong team. As part of our ambitious growth strategy and with the support of our other global offices, we plan for the Singapore team to scale rapidly as we build out further in the region and eventually become more autonomous.
In the context of the above, the role will involve:
- Line management of the Singapore team, including final oversight of project delivery, quality assurance, and problem solving. Delivery will initially be integrated with the existing team in Hong Kong.
- Running business development and building client relationships in Singapore in collaboration with the Head of Corporate Intelligence Asia and senior managers in our global offices.
- As the team scales up, assisting in the selection, hiring, and training of local Singaporean candidates to join the Singapore team, with support from Hong Kong and global HQ in London.
- Supporting overall CI operations in Asia and liaising with regional heads and CI managers in Rio, London, Cape Town, and the US.
Collaboration is an important part of our corporate ethos and the Singapore team will develop alongside our wider regional team in Asia. The Head of Corporate Intelligence for Asia and other members from the Hong Kong team will regularly visit the Singapore office to support the development of the new office.
The role will be based permanently in our Singapore office.
wHAT wE’rE LOOKING FOR
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Detailed knowledge of the Singapore market, including sectoral, client, and relevant local employment trends;
- Extensive experience in the corporate intelligence, due diligence, and investigations sector, including experience leading teams delivering these services;
- A substantive book of client-side relationships and contacts relevant to our sector;
- A network of commercial contacts in major Asian jurisdictions relevant to the ongoing conduct of investigative due diligence work;
- Fluency in English to an exacting standard;
- Fluency in an Asian language;
- A desire to keep a foot directly in delivery as well as ambitions to pass experience on to a growing team;
- At minimum a Bachelor’s degree.
Above all, the successful applicant will be ready for the challenges of opening a new office working for a rapidly growing firm with an ambitious expansion strategy. We value supportive collaboration, flexibility, openness, a willingness to pass on knowledge, and hard work, and we are looking for a candidate with the same values!
tHE appLICATION pROCESS
To apply for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications which do not have a CV or cover letter will not be considered.