We are seeking an exceptional candidate to lead the company’s sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) team, within its Corporate Intelligence division.
As a director reporting to the Head of Delivery, Corporate Intelligence, you would run a team of managers and analysts split between our offices in Cape Town and London. The role is based in Cape Town, where the majority of the SSA team is located.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Director, you will be required to:
- Lead the delivery of the team’s Corporate Intelligence work, including within our Deal Advisory, Regulatory Compliance and Disputes and Investigations business lines;
- Design and implement a strategy for the team, to include recruitment, training, budget management, and new business development;
- Train, develop and manage the team’s Associates, Senior Associates and Associate Directors;
- Manage and extend client relationships, in order to meet revenue targets; and,
- Maintain and develop a network of contacts and subcontractors.
The role will be based in our Cape Town office. It will include occasional travel within sub-Saharan Africa, and to our London office.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The required qualifications and experience are:
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in a relevant industry. In addition to corporate intelligence, relevant fields include: financial journalism, law, management consultancy, finance, the extractives industries;
- Demonstrable experience of managing a team;
- Experience of managing complex research projects;
- Significant experience interacting with clients;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent research and investigative skills;
- Working knowledge of sub-Saharan African politics and business;
- As a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree (2.1 or higher) or equivalent;
- Experience of living or working in the region outside of South Africa is preferred but not essential; and,
- A high working proficiency in French or Portuguese is an advantage.
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Demonstrable commercial acumen;
- A proven ability to work unsupervised and run a team with significant autonomy;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, honesty and reliability;
- A clear interest in regional political and business affairs;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive mindset and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required; and,
- An ability to thrive under pressure, multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in South Africa by the start of their employment.
Interviews will be held in January 2019. The intended start date is March 2019, although this may be flexible.