WHO ARE WE
S-RM is an intelligence and risk consulting firm that works with leading businesses, government agencies, financial services and law firms worldwide. Our Citizenship and Visa (C&V) team helps government agencies that run citizenship and residency-by-investment programmes understand and manage their exposure to money laundering and corruption concerns, meet legal and regulatory requirements, and safeguard their commercial reputations.
We are looking for someone who is adaptable, can be part of a team and wants to grow with the business. A Due Diligence Analyst is likely to take on the following tasks on a day-to-day basis:
- Conducting in-depth online research on subjects and their wealth generation using various open-source tools;
- Critically analysing and assessing all information obtained during research, including media, and insight human sources;
- Conducting research on regional commercial, security and political issues;
- Presenting research and assessments clearly in written form.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We think candidates with the following skills and experience are likely to succeed as a Due Diligence Analyst at S-RM.
That said, if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
We’re looking for someone that is able to adapt to change and work comfortably in a fast-paced environment, this person will have some or all of these skills:
- The ability to read Arabic and/or Kurdish (Sorani) to a standard that enables you to critically assess the meaning and relevance of media articles;
- A demonstrable understanding of commercial dynamics in the Middle East;
- A demonstrable understanding of the different forms that corruption and sanction evasion takes across sectors and geographies in the Middle East;
- An understanding of the media and legal landscape in the Middle East;
- The ability to write in clear and concise business English;
- Great teamwork and verbal communication skills and an agile and proactive approach to your own career development.
All candidates must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
We offer thoughtful, balanced rewards and support to help our people do their best work and live their lives outside it, this includes but is not exhaustive of:
- 25 days holiday per year in addition to bank holidays (+1 day for every year of service up to a maximum of 30 days in total);
- Hybrid working and flexible working hours;
- Matching pension contribution up to 6% (up to a maximum of 12% combined), and financial education;
- Life Insurance 4X annual salary.
- Parental Support:
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year;
- Maternity leave – 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay;
- Paternity leave – 6 weeks of full pay.
- Various Health and Medical Benefits including:
- Private dental and medical insurance (taxable benefit) for you and your family;
- Virtual GP for you and your family members that live in the same household;
- Various gym discounts for you and your partner;
- EAP programme for you and your immediate family;
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app
The role will be based at our London office. However, we have flexible working arrangements available.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply for this role, please send an up-to-date CV and a cover letter tailored to this job description, outlining why you think you are a great fit for the Analyst role, the C&V team and S-RM, to email@example.com.
The application process will include:
- A preliminary call, which will be a chance for you to find out more about S-RM and the role.
- A written research and assessment task. This will assess your analytical and writing skills and give you a better sense of the work we do.
- First Interview – this will be run remotely
- Second interview – this will be run remotely
We nurture a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.