We have a new and exciting role available within our Corporate Intelligence division in London for an Analyst working primarily on projects in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA).
WHO ARE WE
S-RM is a global intelligence and cyber security consultancy. Since 2005, we’ve helped companies, governments and private individuals solve some of their most complex challenges.
Our Corporate Intelligence division uses the latest research and intelligence-gathering techniques to investigate how companies and individuals really do business in today’s world. We work with some of the most prominent and sophisticated organisations to help them understand partners, customers, assets and territories across the globe – the healthcare company a private equity firm wants to invest in; the prospective client a bank wants to onboard; the market a multinational wants to enter. We also provide specialised investigative support to law firms, businesses and individuals in contentious situations such as litigation, commercial disputes and internal investigations.
From our offices in London, New York, Washington DC, Rio de Janeiro, Hong Kong, Singapore and Cape Town, we deliver critical insights from every country across the world. Further information about each of our five Corporate Intelligence practice areas can be found on our website: Compliance Due Diligence, Deal Advisory, Disputes & Investigations, ESG and Strategic Intelligence.
At S-RM no day is the same, and there are incredible opportunities to learn. We’re proud to say our investigative training is amongst the best in the industry. You’ll have some of the brightest colleagues to support you – former journalists, economists, lawyers, scientists, military and police officers. Collectively, our people speak more than 40 languages.
We are looking for someone who is adaptable, can be part of a team and wants to grow with the business. A Due Diligence Analyst is likely to take on the following tasks on a day-to-day basis:
- Researching and writing compliance and intelligence reports on companies and individuals for due diligence and investigatory purposes;
- Providing subject matter expertise on the political, regulatory and corporate risk environments internationally;
- Conducting research primarily in English, Arabic and other relevant languages on corporate and political issues; and
- Presenting to managers and clients.
The role will be based in our London office, however we have flexible working arrangements available.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We think candidates with the following skills and experience are likely to succeed as a Due Diligence Analyst at S-RM.
That said, if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
We’re looking for someone that is able to adapt to change and work comfortably in a fast-paced environment, this person will have some or all of these skills:
- Excellent research and investigative skills;
- A professional working proficiency in English;
- A working proficiency in Arabic;
- Working proficiency in Persian, Dutch or Greek would also be beneficial, but not essential; and
- As a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree, OR demonstrable experience in corporate intelligence.
Successful candidates are also likely to show the following personal attributes:
- A curious mindset and an enthusiasm for research and investigations;
- A clear interest in business and political affairs in the Middle East and North Africa;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, honesty and reliability;
- An ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines;
- A proven ability to work unsupervised and operate with a degree of autonomy;
- Excellent attention to detail; and
- A proactive mindset and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required.
Candidates must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
We offer thoughtful, balanced rewards and support to help our people do their best work and live their lives outside it, this includes but is not exhaustive of:
- 25 days holiday per year in addition to bank holidays (+1 day for every year of service up to a maximum of 30 days in total);
- Hybrid working and flexible working hours;
- Matching pension contribution up to 6% (up to a maximum of 12% combined), and financial education;
- Life Insurance 4X annual salary.
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year;
- Maternity leave – 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay;
- Paternity leave – 6 weeks of full pay.
Various Health and Medical Benefits including:
- Private dental and medical insurance (taxable benefit) for you and your family;
- Virtual GP for you and your family members that live in the same household;
- Various gym discounts for you and your partner;
- EAP programme for you and your immediate family;
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app
The role will be based at our London office. However, we have flexible working arrangements available.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications which do not include a CV and cover letter will not be considered.
The application process will include:
- A preliminary call which will be a chance for you to find out more about S-RM and the role.
- A research and writing task. This will assess your analytical and writing skills and give you a better sense of the work we do.
- One interview discussing the research task, your language capabilities, and your technical skills.
- One interview discussing your previous experience, broader competencies, and suitability for the role.
We nurture a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.