The required individual will need to possess a strong understanding of operational security planning within a multinational corporate environment. Working across the business’s operations in Latin America, Africa and the Middle East, the individual will need extensive experience in any or all of these regions and have knowledge of their political, security and social environments. The individual will be responsible for reviewing and creating security documentation at both the central and local levels and developing strategic security solutions for the business unit’s operations.
The individual will need strong communication and collaboration skills, working alongside an array of personnel within the company and needing to persuade and influence others, in particular senior leadership. Advanced project management experience is a must, having delivered throughout the lifecycle of largescale projects.
The individual should have significant previous experience of working as a consultant as well as experience working for multinational commercial organisations.
The individual will be embedded in the company, initially for a minimum of 3 months, but with the prospect of a long-term placement. They will be required to work at the company’s office in Madrid, but must be willing to undertake further travel when required.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the Regional Security Manager to deliver across the International and New Markets business unit;
- Ensuring that international best practice and standards are applied throughout the business unit’s operations;
- Writing and reviewing central security and crisis management policies and local procedures;
- Planning strategic security solutions for the business unit;
- Maintaining ongoing knowledge of the political, security and social environments of Latin America, Africa and the Middle East;
- Reporting regularly to senior leadership;
- Travelling to various sites, internationally, when needed.
The role will be based in Madrid, Spain.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Proven experience across areas of physical, technical and procedural security, in particular within multinational commercial environments;
- Significant consultancy experience, advising clients on security-related issues;
- Experience working, or highly knowledgeable of political, security and social issues affecting Latin America, Africa and/or the Middle East;
- Strong knowledge of crisis and security management methods and standards;
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Strong project management skills, and experience in delivery through the lifecycle of projects;
- Capacity to operate autonomously as well as function as part of a wider team;
- Willingness to travel, when required;
- Strong communication skills, written and oral;
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Spanish is an advantage, although not necessary.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in Spain by the start of their employment.