The Head of Operations role is critical in providing support and organisation to the London office. The role reports into the COO and offers an exposure to a range of critical tasks as well as responsibilities within the team.
The Head of Operations owns management and delivery of all operational support components of the business, streamlines all internal processes and successfully manages the team in order to provide a pro-active support to the business.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To design and successfully implement an effective and fit-for-purpose structure of the Ops team of London office, ensuring that all processes are working in the best possible manner to support the business.
- Hold overall responsibility for all operational processes and procedures in order to pro-actively support the business in London office, including but not limited to:
- Finance – invoicing; time tracking; MI; RFP/RFI; subscriptions.
- HR – subcontractors management; resourcing; audit.
- Office Management supervising.
- Sales operations support
- Ensure consistency of internal processes across London office. Work with the Head of Compliance for all internal audit programmes.
Project management & business change
The role will have responsibility to recommend and plan key operational initiatives to the business across technology implementation, process design and operational governance.
- Pro-actively identify gaps and needs in operational support to the business, provide with recommendations to close them.
- Design, implement and manage all operational projects in London office.
- Supervise administration of support services and suppliers.
- Represent interests of London office in the global operational initiatives and projects.
- Manage operational budgets and capex and is accountable for monthly reporting of budget and assets condition.
- Manage the team of seven (three direct reports). This includes performance management and reviews, as well as work allocation and helping prioritize demands.
- Produce regular and ad-hoc management reporting for the Management Committee.
- Strategically supervise the operations of the London office to ensure the highest possible standards are delivered.
- Manage emergency situations at the office level in consultation with COO.
The role will be based in our London office
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Degree level education or equivalent
- 8+ years’ experience in a commercial operations role
- Minimum 4+ years experience working with the implementation of enterprise software a cloud-based ERP software platform/service, preferably Workday
- Successful team management and project management experience is a must
- Extensive experience in mapping business processes, gathering requirements, facilitating workshops and performing gap analysis & benchmarking.
- Must have hands on experience in process implementation and improvement
- Strong understanding of middle and back office processes such as raising invoices, expenses and cost allocation to projects as well as time tracking in the ERP system.
- Experience in pulling reports/data from time tracking system and convert into meaningful data.
- Previous experience for an international bank or financial consultancy firm would be preferable
- Previous successful experience in designing a centre of excellence/operations centre would be ideal
- Experience and exposure working in a change management environment is also preferable
The individual will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- A proven ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to coordinate contractors in delivering projects to a satisfactory completion
- Ability to negotiate, control and report on financial aspects of a project
- A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required
The successful candidate must have permission to work in London by the start of their employment.