The purpose of the HR Analyst role is to provide local HR support to the management and employees in the Brazil office across all areas of HR ranging from the recruitment and selection of staff, onboarding, contract generation, training and development, managing employee relations and payroll administration. In addition this role will be responsible for adapting global HR initiatives for local implementation in the Rio office.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the senior management on the hiring process including preparing job descriptions, sourcing of candidates, selection process
- Responsible for onboarding of new hires
- Development of HR policies in line with global HR policies including the employee handbook
- Contract generation and production of employee documentation such as salary letters etc.
- Acting as a coach/advisor to management and employees on a range of areas including employment law, performance management issues etc. and acts as a sounding board
- Payroll administration
- Administration of local benefits
- Maintaining the HR Management system
- Supporting the Head of HR on implementation of training and carrying out training needs analysis
- Implementation of global HR processes such as the End of Year review process, salary review process
- Organisation of local social events for the Rio office and providing other ad hoc support for the office as required
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements and related to the day to day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring legal compliance
- Adaptation and implementation of global HR initiatives
- Manages leaver administration
The role will be based in our Rio office.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Degree level education or equivalent preferably in Human Resources or a related field
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role
- Experience in the main HR areas including recruitment and selection, employee relations, coaching line managers, training and development, remuneration and benefits and payroll administration
- Good Microsoft office skills in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of a HR Management system would be preferable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good understanding of Brazilian employment law and up to date with best practice
- Fluent in English and Portuguese both written and verbal
The individual will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Self-starter who can work with minimal direction
- A desire to work with a growing company
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Integrity and approachability, team player
- Self-motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Proactive in approach
- Flexible – able to juggle workload in light of changing requirements and handle ambiguity
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the Brazil by the start of their employment.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position for which you are applying in the subject bar.
All CV’s and cover letters must be in English.