An exciting opportunity for an experienced HR professional. This role will provide on-going support to our US-based employees (approx. 35 people with plans to expand) on all HR-related matters, with a focus on benefits and payroll, and will work closely with the UK based HR team, as well as with the regional heads in the US to ensure that we offer a high-quality HR experience to our employees.
The individual in this role must be able to work independently, take a hands-on approach and effectively build relationships with colleagues across different levels and locations.
This role is offered on a full-time basis.
WHO WE ARE
S-RM is a global intelligence and cyber security consultancy. Since 2005, we’ve helped some of the most sophisticated clients in the world solve some of their toughest challenges.
We’ve been able to do this because of our outstanding people. We’re committed to developing bright, curious, driven individuals who want to think critically, solve complex problems, and achieve success.
But we also know that work isn’t everything. It’s about the lives and careers it helps us build. We’re immensely proud of this culture and we invest in our people’s wellbeing, learning, and ideas every day.
We’re excited you’re thinking about joining us.
- Manages all day-to-day HR queries from the US teams, and triages for escalation when required
- Reviews and updates relevant benefits documentation
- Manages day-to-day vendor relationships
- Checks and prepares payroll data, including but not limited to: new joiners, employment verifications checks, first payroll checks
- Monitors market for changes in the reward practices and policies, contributes to the design of US compensation & benefits programmes
- Supports with benchmarking for salary ranges review
- Supports Compensation & Benefits Manager with the bi-annual compensation review. Assists with data audit, produces reports and provides analysis of results
- Stays up to date with employment law developments across all States in which we have employees
- Writes and maintains US HR policies for all relevant States
- Assists with onboarding/ offboarding
This role will be based in one of our US offices, however flexible working arrangements are available.
WHat WE’re Looking for
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Prior experience of working in HR is essential
- Prior experience in benefits administration is essential
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Flexible – able to juggle workload in light of changing requirements and handle ambiguity. Must be results oriented with ability to change priorities as needed
- Strong ability to work unsupervised
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with large quantities of data whilst maintaining accuracy
- Strong numeracy skills, feeling comfortable working with numbers, preferably strong Excel user
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Integrity and approachability, team player
- Self-motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Comfortable working with confidential and sensitive data
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the US by the start of their employment.
We offer thoughtful, balanced rewards and support to help our people do their best work and live their lives outside it, including:
- 20 days of PTO plus 10 paid public holidays. PTO will increase up to a maximum of 25 days per year: (+1 day for every year you worked at S-RM, up to a maximum of 5 days). One of the public holidays is a floating holiday.
- 100% company-paid Private medical healthcare with Aetna International for employee, partner, and children.
- Access to Virtual GP, seasonal flu vaccination, various gym discounts and many other additional perks.
- Flexible Spending Account – you will be able to contribute up to $2,850 per year tax free to pay towards the eligible expenses
- 100% company-paid Dental benefit with MetLife for employee, partner, and children
- 100% company-paid Vision benefit with Guardian for employee, partner, and children
- Life insurance – 4x annual salary, capped at $500,000
- 401k – up to 6% contribution matched by the company
- Commuter Benefit – you can make a pre-tax deduction toward parking and transit commuting costs
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) for employee and immediate family, including counselling sessions
- LinkedIn Learning with access to more than 13,000 different courses
- Formalised Recognition programme
- Hybrid working and flexible working hours
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year
- Military leave – maximum of 5 years during employment. For the first 4 months of Military leave, S-RM will top up any military pay to 100% of basic pay.
- Maternity leave – 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay (after 1 year at the company on the “qualifying week” = 15 weeks before a due date)
- Paternity leave – 6 weeks of full pay (after 1 year at the company on the “qualifying week” = 15 weeks before a due date)
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply for this role, please email your Resume to email@example.com. The application process will include:
- A preliminary call which will be a chance for you to find out more about S-RM and the role.
- One interview discussing your skills and including an assessment.
- One interview discussing your previous experience, broader competencies, and suitability for the role.
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.