S-RM is looking to recruit an Associate Incident Response & Forensics consultant to join its Cyber Security practice in London.
Above all, we are looking for proactive, critical thinkers who are strong communicators and like solving interesting problems working in a team. As well as this, we are looking specifically for someone with practical and technical experience. A good candidate will have experience managing Windows and Linux estates, as well as the soft skills required for consulting.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role, your primary responsibility will be helping our clients respond to and recover from cyber security incidents.This will include:
- Advising clients on containment actions designed to limit the effects of cyber incidents.
- Technical evidence collection from clients’ environments to prepare for forensic investigations
- Conducting forensic investigations to determine the facts about a cyber incident happened and whether data was exfiltrated.
- Gathering intelligence on threat actors to inform decision-making in high pressure situations.
- Assisting the recovery of clients’ IT infrastructure during and after cyber attacks.
- Briefing clients’ management and IT teams during and after cyber attacks.
- Participating in an on-call rotation to provide 24X7X365 client incident coverage
- You will also be expected to contribute to S-RM’s wider cyber security offering where appropriate.
The role will be based in our London office, however we have flexible working arrangements available.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
We would like to meet candidates with previous exposure to (and a keen interest in) information security who have a broad base of experience configuring and maintaining enterprise networks. When we say ‘experience configuring and maintaining enterprise networks’, we mean someone with a broad base of hands on experience across the areas outlined below. A strong candidate with experience in a subset of these areas would also be of interest. We are not necessarily looking for an expert in any single area, except for perhaps experience with Active Directory.
- Undergraduate degree from a leading university
- Some prior knowledge and understanding of security frameworks and standards
- Presenting verbal or written reports to internal/external stakeholders with non-technical backgrounds (it would be a plus if you have prior consulting experience, though not a requirement)
- We are not really interested in any particular certification, although MCSE, VCP, and/or CCNA certifications would be a plus.
- Windows system administration:
- Managing domain services
- Creating standard build templates
- Using SCCM
- Intermediate PowerShell
- Identity management
- Active Directory (including Azure AD)
- Federated identities
- Single sign on
- Managing routers, gateways and switches:
- Firewall rules
- Network segmentation
- Packet filtering and analysis (e.g. WireShark)
- Virtualisation technologies:
- ESXI (ideally), VMWare etc.
- Linux administration:
- Hardening and orchestration (Puppet, Chef)
- Keys management
- Intermediate scripting
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
- Market leading maternity and paternity benefits including:
- Maternity leave: 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks half pay
- Paternity leave: 6 weeks of full pay
- 25 holiday days per year + bank holidays, which increases with service to a maximum of 30 days
- 5% matching pension contribution
- 4 x annual salary life insurance
- Support of your mental wellbeing, including counselling sessions available to you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Availability of a variety of training courses including online learning
- Very comprehensive private medical insurance as well as eye tests and glasses reimbursement, and seasonal flu vaccination
- 50% discount with a nationwide gym chain
- Season ticket loan for your train commute
- Cycle to work scheme
- A formalised recognition programme
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.