S-RM is seeking to recruit an Incident Response Consultant within the Cyber Security Team. This is a full time, permanent position and the successful applicant will report directly to the Director of Cyber Security. The role will be based at our London office.
S-RM Cyber Security
The Cyber Security Team provides expert information security services to businesses, family offices and high net worth individuals across the globe. We provide cutting edge solutions to identify, mitigate and manage information security threats to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of information.
Core services include:
- Regulatory Services
S-RM believes that people and process should be the first port of call when looking to improve security posture. We combine our information security expertise with our financial expertise to ensure that our clients spend effectively on security and make measurable advances in risk mitigation.
The Cyber Security Team comprises leading and certified experts who use tried and tested methodologies to support clients. The breadth and depth of the team’s skills ensure that clients always get leading advice on all aspects of information security when they most need it. Our close ties with the Physical Security Team ensure a holistic approach to managing risk.
The Incident Response Consultant will provide information security consultancy to our clients, support internal information security programs, drive new revenue and support pre-sales activity. The candidate will be an experienced information security consultant with experience in responding to cyber breaches, performing forensics investigations, developing strategic direction and defining & planning for risk. A broad knowledge of information security is essential; this must encompass a good understanding of the practical application of security technology, as well as its theory.
The ideal candidate will possess 2-3 years of consulting experience combined with deep information security and incident response experience. Experience delivering information security consulting projects across a range of disciplines into small, medium and enterprise organizations is a must. They will also be a strong communicator who is comfortable interacting with people at all levels from the C-Suite to the technical teams.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver information security consulting to S-RM’s clients across a broad range of industries
- Perform host- and network-based cyber breach incident response investigations that include:
- Technical evidence collection
- Forensics, log, malware and root cause analyses
- Identify attacker tools, tactics and procedures
- Develop incident management plans, deliver related training and conduct table-top exercises
- Document and maintain internal incident response policies and procedures and support the build and evolution of consultancy tools and frameworks
- Create client-ready documents and presentations
- Perform knowledge transfer across the S-RM Cyber Security Team globally
- Provide support to cyber security pre-breach engagements, which include:
- Information security controls assessments
- Risk assessments
- Vulnerability assessments
- Regulatory and compliance assessments
- Develop and deliver security awareness training
- Contribute to marketing and business development efforts
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (with a focus in security) preferred but not necessary
- 2-3 years of direct experience in incident response, digital forensics, malware analysis and/or security operations (SOC)
- 2-3 years of consulting experience
- Advanced working knowledge of endpoint, memory and network forensics tools (such as FTK, Encase, Volatility, SIFT, Wireshark)
- Able to perform malware analysis (static and dynamic)
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (like Python, Ruby, PHP or Powershell) that can be utilized to automate tasks is highly desirable
- Excellent writing and presentation skills with the ability to convey complex technical information clearly and concisely and tailored to any audience, including C-suite
- Network administration experience to include configuration of firewalls, switches and routers is preferred
- Sound knowledge of security tools such as SIEM, firewalls, IDS/IPS, proxies, AV is preferred
- Certifications such as CREST, GNFA, GCFA, GCFE, GCIA, GCIH, GREM, CCIM, EnCE, EnCEP, ACE are highly desirable
The individual will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- A passionate interest in information security and dedication to continued professional development
- Ability to work with little oversight in a rapidly changing, unstructured environment in a small team
- Ability to contribute to successful information security projects for small to multinational organizations
- Must have a broad understanding of a client’s business and be able to intelligently and strategically discuss S-RM’s solutions & services as they relate to their business
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a good team player
- Should have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work innovatively, without compromising on quality
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the United Kingdom by the start of their employment.