This role will be a central part of the Marketing team, supporting all aspects of S-RM’s marketing strategy, from day-to-day admin tasks through to creative and technical support with campaign launches. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for their second step in a B2B marketing career.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Social Media Management
- Writing social media posts for LinkedIn and Twitter, in addition to briefing our Design team to develop relevant creative assets for these posts
- Management of a social media calendar and timely scheduling of social media posts via S-RM’s marketing automation platform, HubSpot
- Monitoring and responding to social media interactions on behalf of S-RM
- Assisting with the creation, distribution and reporting for email marketing campaigns in HubSpot
- Assisting with the creation, management and tracking of adverts across LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, and YouTube
- Inputting and managing external data within our marketing automation platform (HubSpot), and ensuring the database remains current, relevant and GDPR compliant. This includes uploading contact information and managing distribution lists to support email marketing campaigns
- Working with Sales, Sales Ops and Marketing team members to ensure marketing-qualified leads are managed effectively across the lead lifecycle
- Ad hoc assistance with website management. This includes making updates to forms, blogs, landing pages, lists and automated workflows
- Supporting the Marketing Manager and other members of the marketing team with marketing reporting requirements, including:
- Providing weekly engagement score updates for our content campaigns
- Assisting the Marketing Manager with the timely delivery of monthly reports to S-RM’s Executive Committee
- Ad hoc reporting updates on the success of specific marketing initiatives to the Head of Marketing, Head of Content & Campaigns, and other internal stakeholders
The role will be based in our London office.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- A minimum of 12 months experience in a marketing role
- Bachelors’ degree at 2:1 or above – preferably in Marketing, Business or English
- B2B experience is desirable
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken, with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation systems desirable
- Experience scheduling and writing social posts for business purposes
- Experience assisting with email marketing campaigns is beneficial
- A keen interest in or experience of digital marketing practices
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Efficient time management skills, with a readiness to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen and respond to feedback from multiple stakeholders across the business
- A proactive, curious and empathetic approach, and a willingness to work outside of the job specification when required
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the United Kingdom by the start of their employment.