We are looking for an Office Assistant to join our Office Management team and be responsible for facilitating the smooth day-to-day running of S-RM’s London office.
WHO WE ARE
S-RM is a global intelligence and cyber security consultancy. Since 2005, we’ve helped companies, governments and private individuals solve some of their most complex challenges.
We’ve been able to do this because of our outstanding people. We’re committed to developing bright, curious, enthusiastic people who want to think critically, solve complex problems, and achieve success.
But we also know that work isn’t everything. It’s about the lives and careers it helps us build. We’re immensely proud of this culture and we invest in our people’s wellbeing, learning, and ideas every day.
We’re excited you’re thinking about joining us.
As an Office Assistant you’ll be responsible for:
- Working with the International Office Manager to keep the London office running to a high standard, ensuring the office and communal areas including meeting rooms are kept tidy.
- Day-to-day liaison with building management regarding security and office maintenance issues.
- Make sure all employees in the London office are given H&S tours and have full access to H&S training
- Make sure the clear desk policy is enforced
- Order and issue security passes
- Make sure the hot desking system is used correctly
- Manage relationships with office suppliers; ensuring that these and other Central Ops team suppliers are uploaded to the S-RM Subcontractor Database.
- Be the first point of contact for all visitors to the S-RM office, giving them a great front of house experience.
- Answer and redirect S-RM switchboard calls via Teams
- Collect and distribute post and deliveries and organise couriers as required.
- Email building management reception and security teams with daily visitor lists.
- Conduct training for all new joiners on use of meeting room IT systems and Smartway2 hotdesking app.
- Provide support to S-RM staff in use of meeting room systems for meetings, including provision of basic troubleshooting (i.e. first point of contact for user questions / issues).
- Work with the IT Team to ensure that meeting room IT User Guides are kept up-to-date.
- Assist the IT Team in the trial and roll-out of new meeting room systems, e.g. video conferencing systems.
- Work closely with Operations Coordinators for S-RM’s Business units to ensure the smooth running of S-RM’s administrative support function.
The role will be based 5 days a week in our London office
What we are looking for
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- A proven ability to work unsupervised and operate with a degree of autonomy;
Successful candidates are also likely to show the following personal attributes:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required;
- Honesty and reliability; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Candidates must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
We offer thoughtful, balanced rewards and support to help our people do their best work and live their lives outside it, including:
- 25 days holiday per year in addition to bank holidays (+1 day for every day of service up to a maximum of 30 days).
- Parental Support:
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year;
- Maternity leave – 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay;
- Paternity leave – 6 weeks of full pay.
- Various Health and Medical Benefits:
- Private dental and medical insurance (taxable benefit);
- Virtual GP for you and your family members that live in the same household;
- Gym discounts for you and your partner;
- EAP programme for you and your immediate family;
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app Headspace;
Financial education – free 1-2-1 consultations and mortgage clinics.
We want to get to know you, and for you to get to know us, to see if we’d be a good fit. We are responsive and respectful of people’s time throughout our hiring process.
A typical application process includes:
- Initial screening of your application by our recruiting team.
- An interview to assess your baseline skills.
- An interview to discuss your previous experience, broader competencies, and suitability for the role.
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.