Our growing US business is currently in need of a skilled Operations Coordinator who is goal-oriented and self-motivated.
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the growth of our teams in New York and Washington, DC by coordinating with operations functions such as HR, Finance, and IT. The ideal candidate will have an interest in helping an entrepreneurial venture grow its capabilities as well as experience working in a busy office environment where multi-tasking and prioritizing were required.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Global IT on localised matters and and when required – including (but not limited to): joiners/ leavers process; laptop/ hardware/ cell phone set-up; troubleshooting; sourcing quotes for local providers and contracts (e.g. printers, phone lines); advocate and enforce IT policies
- Conduct monthly meetings with local leadership.
- Support the local insurance programme as required by S-RM Risk & Compliance (may include insurance renewals activities, notifications and claims administration)
- Participate in internal audits conducted by the Risk & Compliance team, ensuring that applicable personnel and files are available
- Manage the relationship with S-RM’s approved travel provider(s) in the US
- Ensure that suppliers and subcontractors used by the US teams are on-boarded in accordance with company procedures
- Provide input into local policies and procedures, including documentation, enforcement and audit of these
- Liaise with IT and Legal in relation to information security arrangements.
Invoicing & budgeting
- Support client invoicing and work with our vendors to make purchases and reconcile invoices, including cell phone contracts.
- Reconcile monthly operating budgets in the US and share updated financial reports with the senior management team.
Licences/legal templates/visa applications
- Provide assistance and point of contact in applying for and maintaining licences and tax / business registrations (and relations / dealing with local registries and offices in relation thereto, such as DCOPLA).
- Offer point of contact and liaison / assistance with local / US external counsel (e.g. for settling invoices).
- Co-ordinate local contracting activities using pre-approved legal templates (notably, corporate documents, commercial agreements / NDAs, subcontractor agreements and employment contracts).
- Administer DC expenses and client / internal visitor arrangements.
- Assist Legal / HR and external counsel with obtaining and maintaining visas, work permits etc. for foreign nationals.
- Provide basic level support to the recruitment process – supporting the recruitment manager with arranging interviews, greeting candidates
- Onboarding – supporting the HR team in London to complete local onboarding activities such as health and safety induction, arranging individual meetings, office tour, right to work checks etc.
- Training co-ordination – provide support to the HR team with providing HR training support such as setting up meeting rooms etc.
- Provide ad hoc support as needed to the roll out of HR projects and initiatives assisting the HR team with local communications and co-ordination of activities as needed
- Act as a co-ordination point with external vendors to field queries particularly during the hours when the London office is closed
- Manage any hard copies of HR documentation where there is a requirement to hold this in the US office and pass on any ad hoc hard copy HR related documentation to the HR team as required
The role will be based in S-RM’s New York office.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- 2+ years’ experience in an office management capacity
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Comfortable with basic office machines, like desk phones, cellphones and printers
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree or military service preferred but not required.
The individual will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A proven ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the United States by the start of their employment.