S-RM is looking for an operations manager to support its Citizenship & Visa service line, within the Corporate Intelligence business unit. The Citizenship & Visa team conducts in-depth background checks on applicants for various government citizenship-by-investment and visa programmes. The operations manager will take responsibility for the overall project management of the service line’s work flow, managing and improving the practical management of projects.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The operations manager will have overall responsibility for ensuring that the project administration within the Citizenship & Visa team is well-organised and efficient. There is a team of one operations coordinator and three operations assistants who manage the projects on a day-to-day basis. The operations manager will report into the director of the Citizenship & Visa service line.
In detail, the role will involve:
- Overseeing and delivering the effective management of Citizenship & Visa projects, in particular focusing on project allocation, stakeholder management, tracking the progress of projects, monitoring deadlines, accurately anticipating delays and ensuring all all relevant project management information is correctly recorded.
- Line management of the operations coordinator and operations assistants, including oversight of their day-to-day activities, as well as taking responsibility for their professional development and where necessary recruiting new team members.
- Support subcontractor management by ensure that all information relating to subcontractors is captured in a central, easily interrogated database, and maintaining a risk register of specific risks relating to subcontractors.
This role will be based permanently in S-RM’s London office
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Degree level education or equivalent;
- Demonstrable experience in managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders and varying deadlines;
- Leadership experience;
- Experience in change management; and,
- Excellent organisational and database management skills.
The individual will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Exceptional project management skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Talent for devising, communicating and implementing successful strategies to drive business change and innovation;
- A proactive approach;
- Ability to develop positive relationships and influence throughout an organisation;
- Confident in managing several projects simultaneously and prioritising where necessary;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the United Kingdom by the start of their employment.