This role is part of the S-RM Legal team, which comprises of two lawyers, reporting directly into the Head of Legal. The Legal team supports all S-RM entities and business units globally.
S-RM is a global risk and intelligence consultancy. Founded in 2005, we have 250+ practitioners spanning six international offices, serving clients across all regions and major sectors.
We support our clients by providing intelligence that informs critical decision-making and strategies, from investments and partnerships through to disputes; by helping organisations build resilience to cyber, operational and security threats; and by responding to cyber-attacks, security incidents and organisational crises.
Technology sits at the heart of our business and is central to our growth strategy. Our existing digital services include Portal, a secure report-management application, Monitor, an integrity and reputation monitoring service, GSI, a security risk platform and Swan, an intelligence collection platform. We are constantly adding new services and investing in digital transformation across all areas of the business, as we expand the scope of our Corporate Intelligence and Cyber Security offerings.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting the Legal team in providing company secretarial support to all group companies including updating statutory registers, managing appointments and resignations, board minutes and resolutions, maintenance of group structure charts and entity information for KYC purposes; assisting with incorporation of new entities and new office set-ups.
- Assisting the business units with RFPs by providing company and entity information; coordinating responses from other departments; compiling and maintaining library of standard responses.
- Supporting the Legal team in rolling out and updating policies and procedures to ensure that company practices are compliant with data protection requirements.
- Assisting the Legal team in responding to data subject access requests including reviewing a high volume of documents and data.
- With support, reviewing and negotiating simple agreements such as non-disclosure agreements.
- Maintaining and updating Legal templates.
- Conducting legal research on a wide range of legal topics including corporate, commercial, data protection, licensing, sanctions and employment law.
- Responsibility for Legal team administration and organisation of filing system; maintenance of project plans.
The role will be based in our London office, however we have flexible working arrangements available.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Law degree or other honours degree and law conversion
- Legal practice course
- At least 12 months experience as a paralegal either in a law firm or in-house, ideally within professional services
- Experience in using full suite of Microsoft systems (outlook, word, excel)
The individual will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Good and developing planning and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- An ability to work unsupervised
- A willingness and ability to undertake thorough research
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required
- Good team spirit and interpersonal skills
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
- 25 days holiday per year in addition to bank holidays (+1 day for every day of service up to a maximum of 30 days).
- Financial education – free 1-2-1 consultations and mortgage clinics.
- Hybrid working and flexible working hours
- Parental Support:
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year;
- Maternity leave – 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay;
- Paternity leave – 6 weeks of full pay.
- Various Health and Medical Benefits:
- Private dental and medical insurance (taxable benefit);
- Virtual GP for you and your family members that live in the same household;
- 40% off Nuffield Gym for you and your partner;
- EAP programme for you and your immediate family;
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app Headspace.
To apply for this role, please email your Resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.