S-RM is looking for a product manager to play a key role in the development of our digital services. This individual will be responsible for developing new and existing digital products and supporting strategic technology initiatives.
Technology sits at the heart of our business. Our existing digital services include Portal, a secure report-management application, Monitor, an integrity and reputation monitoring service, and GSI, a security risk platform.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting into the Product Lead, the job will manage the development of key client-facing products and internal tools through close collaboration with our development partners and internal business units as well as design, marketing, IT and finance. This job would provide the opportunity to get involved with innovative and challenging digital products in a complex and interesting company environment.
Product ownership and agile development
- Own the agile development of key digital services (Portal and Monitor)
- Contribute to the ideation and development of other client-facing products and services
- Own and manage roll-out of internal business tools
- Plan development through six-month product roadmaps, goal setting and investment planning
- Launch products and deploy major releases on a regular basis
- Understand customer needs through user research and product requirement gathering
Support and communications
- Manage customer support and run internal and external communications regarding product development
- Promote the adoption of Agile methods and design thinking across the business and support strategic projects through coaching, planning and provision of user research, business analysis and other capabilities where required
The job will be based in our London office
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience applying user-centred design, jobs-to-be done and related approaches to deliver successful software products and technologies
- Strong grasp of Agile product development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and previous experience working as a product owner and/or scrum master
- Experience of developing software products that use natural language processing (NLP), data mining and/or data analytics technologies (preferred)
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this job:
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Ability to evolve digital product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.