We are looking for a business analyst to play a key role in the expansion of our digital services. This individual will be responsible for supporting the development of new and existing digital products and strategic digital transformation initiatives.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting into the Head of Digital, the Business Analyst will contribute to the development of digital tools and services for internal and external users. They will work closely with practitioners in our Cyber Security and Corporate Intelligence teams, our design, marketing, IT, engineering and finance departments as well as external partners.
Business analysis and agile product development
- Work with the business to document and recommend improvements to core processes
- Perform user research interviews and analyse user problems to inform improvements to customer experience and team efficiency
- Work closely with product/project managers within agile teams to maintain a product backlog and refine user stories to an appropriate level of detail to ensure maximum value
- Create and maintain system documentation and user guides
- Design test cases and perform testing to ensure product quality.
Strategy and planning
- Contribute to the formulation of product objectives and roadmaps
- Independently plan and deliver small projects and tasks with minimal guidance
- Gain a deep understanding of our users through data analytics, surveys, user interviews and workshops
- Participate in client meetings when required
- Provide ongoing support for existing services by conducting root cause analysis and troubleshooting issues with clients and internal users.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of agile product delivery, lean methodologies and actively encourage their adoption across the business.
The role will be based in our London office, however we have flexible working arrangements available.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, preferably in a numerate subject, or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrable business analysis experience, with evidence of successful benefits delivery
- Proven ability to work with stakeholders and business sponsors at all levels
- Previous experience working with and interpreting complex data. Proficiency in SQL and Power Query would be a plus.
- Experience in documenting as-is and to-be business processes using appropriate tools and methods (e.g. Visio, BPMM)
- Strong grasp of agile product development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and previous experience working in an agile environment
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to facilitate and manage requirements gathering workshops
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
- Market leading maternity and paternity benefits including:
- Maternity leave: 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks half pay
- Paternity leave: 6 weeks of full pay
- 25 holiday days per year + bank holidays, which increases with service to a maximum of 30 days
- 5% matching pension contribution
- 4 x annual salary life insurance
- Support of your mental wellbeing, including counselling sessions available to you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Availability of a variety of training courses including online learning
- Very comprehensive private medical insurance as well as eye tests and glasses reimbursement, and seasonal flu vaccination
- 50% discount with a nationwide gym chain
- Season ticket loan for your train commute
- Cycle to work scheme
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.