The Analysis practice delivers clear, timely and actionable intelligence on the political and security risks affecting clients’ interests and operations globally.
Cutting through the noise, our analysts source the relevant information, analyse its implications, and deliver reports, briefings, and presentations that fulfill the unique intelligence requirements of our clients.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This contracted role sits within our security and political risk analysis team and will contribute to the preparation of regular threat monitoring reports for several MENA countries and locations. Primary activity will include research, the collation of information from multiple sources, the analysis of this information, and the production of weekly and fortnightly threat reports, working closely with the Senior Associate and/or Director of the team.
Production of regular threat reports
- Monitor a range of security and maritime threats and political developments across selected MENA countries.
- Carry out regular open-source research, including in regional languages.
- Understand and apply S-RM’s threat assessment methodology when analysing information.
- Liaise with Senior Associate, or other team members, as appropriate when drafting reports.
This is a part-time role based on a minimum requirement of 20 hours per week. The candidate will be expected to primarily work from home but must be able to attend regular meetings at S-RM’s London headquarters.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Strong academic record and/or a graduate degree in International Relations, Politics, Conflict Management, International Security or Middle Eastern Studies or equivalent.
- A demonstrated enthusiasm for current affairs and security-related issues.
- Able to conduct efficient and targeted research, and synthesise large quantities of information into clear, concise written reports underpinned by sound analysis.
- Knowledge of and interest in learning about MENA regional security and politics.
The individual will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Proactive and able to work unsupervised;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Efficient time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or other MENA languages will be considered an advantage
- The internship will last 3 months with a possibility of being extended. The internship will be paid at the National Living Wage rate.
The successful candidate needs to have the right to work in the UK at least 20 hours per week.