At S-RM, we’ve always believed in supporting our people to develop into industry-leading professionals, and we’ve developed comprehensive sector-leading training. But as our business grows, we know our people need to be at the very top of their game to continue excelling for our clients. S-RM Academy is our new company-wide learning and development initiative, designed to keep us ahead of that curve.
The Academy is a new project, so we’re looking for talented and enthusiastic learning and development professionals to form a collaborative core team to build and launch it. We need people who are eager to be given responsibility to own and implement their innovative ideas; who will enjoy working across a diverse international organisation to incorporate the business’ existing investments in learning into their project plans; and who are excited about building something from the ground up.
We’ve listed below the range of roles we’re looking for, but if you’re excited about the Academy and don’t see something that exactly matches your interests or skillsets, don’t hesitate to apply anyway. We celebrate diverse backgrounds, experiences and skillsets, and have flexibility in how we design and structure our Academy launch team, so you might be just the person we’re looking for.
Our offices are in London, Washington DC, New York, Rio de Janeiro, Cape Town, Hong Kong and Utrecht, so if you’re based in or near one of these cities we’re particularly keen to hear from you. You’d need to have permission to work in the country you reside in by the start of your role. We anticipate that these roles could all be done from any location; travel would not be required except in the case you identified a specific business need. We have flexible working arrangements, so don’t let questions about that prevent you from applying; we’re happy to discuss your specific needs during the application process.
S-RM Foundations is the Academy’s opening event: where new starters from all offices and teams get together to be welcomed to the company, network with each other, and gain the skills they need to succeed in their future roles. It’s a brand-new initiative for S-RM, so we need an enthusiastic architect to design and build the whole programme.
This is a full-time fixed-term project role, and is open to candidates based in any S-RM location. We anticipate it being a six-month commitment. Once the initial project is complete, and if there is mutual interest, we may consider converting this role to a permanent position in the wider S-RM Academy team, if there is a suitable vacancy.
S-RM is a global risk and intelligence consultancy. Founded in 2005, we have 250+ practitioners spanning seven international offices, serving clients across all regions and major sectors.
We support our clients by providing intelligence that informs critical decision-making and strategies, from investments and partnerships through to disputes; by helping organisations build resilience to cyber, operational and security threats; and by responding to cyber-attacks, security incidents and organisational crises.
Technology sits at the heart of our business and is central to our growth strategy. Our existing digital services include Portal, a secure report-management application, Monitor, an integrity and reputation monitoring service, GSI, a security risk platform and Swan, an intelligence collection platform. We are constantly adding new services and investing in digital transformation across all areas of the business, as we expand the scope of our Corporate Intelligence and Cyber Security offerings.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own the S-RM relationship with LinkedIn Learning, ensuring we maximise their resources to build and monitor S-RM’s engagement with the platform. Remove and add users; monitor and report relevant engagement statistics; collate and upload S-RM resources.
- Design and lead an S-RM engagement initiative for LinkedIn learning: work with the business to identify learning ambassadors; with teams to create and share S-RM content; and with Internal Communications on a comms campaign for the platform. Gather feedback.
- Own the e-learning stream of the S-RM Academy’s Foundations programme: curate relevant and effective content; distribute to learners; track engagement; act on feedback.
- Use the information gathered to recommend continuing or discontinuing our LinkedIn Learning relationship.
- Lead project to identify alternative e-learning platform as required, working with senior stakeholders across IT, Digital and the business to gather requirements, cost and identify solutions, and create buy-in for any identified new platform.
The role will be based in our London office, however we have flexible working arrangements available.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in administering e-learning solutions. You’ll have experience working with e-learning platforms in either a corporate or an adult learning environment. If you’re not already familiar with LinkedIn Learning, we need you to be motivated and able to educate yourself quickly on the platform, so you can successfully administer it. If you’re already a user or administrator of LinkedIn Learning, we’ll be interested in your thoughts on how we could best utilise it in S-RM.
- Ability to research and evaluate e-learning platforms. You’ll ideally have been involved in the selection and/or launch of an e-learning platform in a corporate or educational environment. We’ll want to hear your ideas for what an e-learning platform will and won’t be able to achieve, and how we might go about selecting and implementing the best one for S-RM Academy.
- Interest and enthusiasm for working with technology. You’ll need to consider the company-wide implications of changing or upgrading any systems, including working closely with our IT and Digital teams to ensure suggested solutions can be implemented; and with teams wanting to upload their own content, to help them navigate the technology to best effect. You don’t require coding or specific technical skills, but you do need to be comfortable working with new technology, and have experience communicating between technical and non-technical partners.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently. You’ll need to come up with your own project plans, set your own deadlines, and work with your key stakeholders to drive forward your projects independently. We’ll want to see demonstrated success in executing complex projects spanning several months.
- Proactive engagement with suppliers and stakeholders. You’ll need to independently manage our relationship with LinkedIn Learning, and to establish new relationships with other suppliers as you consider alternative solutions. You’ll also need to work across a range of stakeholders at S-RM to ensure you’re building solutions that will work for our people, and that you’re creating buy-in and excitement from the business.
- A background in corporate intelligence, cyber security or risk management would be advantage, but is not a requirement for the role. If you don’t have experience in these industries, we’ll be looking to see that you understand our sector and are eager to learn more about what our teams do.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
- Market leading maternity and paternity benefits including:
- Maternity leave: 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks half pay
- Paternity leave: 6 weeks of full pay
- 25 holiday days per year + bank holidays, which increases with service to a maximum of 30 days
- Fertility treatment leave
- 6% matching pension contribution
- 4 x annual salary life insurance
- EAP for your mental wellbeing, including counselling sessions available to you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Availability of a variety of training courses including online learning
- Very comprehensive private medical insurance as well as eye tests and glasses reimbursement, and seasonal flu vaccination
- Dental Insurance
- Season ticket loan for your train commute
- Cycle to work scheme
- Financial education – free 1-21 consultations and mortgage clinics
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app Headspace
- Various gym discounts for you and your partner
- A formalised recognition programme
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A preliminary call which will be a chance for you to find out more about S-RM and the role.
- A combined interview and presentation task to give you all of the detail you need on the role.