At S-RM, the sales team drives our revenue growth. We are seeking a qualified Sales Manager to help keep this engine running with their own skill as well as leadership of a team of driven sales representatives.
WHO WE ARE
S-RM is a global intelligence and cyber security consultancy. Since 2005, we’ve helped companies, governments and private individuals solve some of their most complex challenges.
We’ve been able to do this because of our outstanding people. We’re committed to developing bright, curious, enthusiastic people who want to think critically, solve complex problems, and achieve success.
But we also know that work isn’t everything. It’s about the lives and careers it helps us build. We’re immensely proud of this culture and we invest in our people’s wellbeing, learning, and ideas every day.
We’re excited you’re thinking about joining us.
The main aims of a Sales Manager are as follows:
- Representing our company with a comprehensive understanding of its offerings
- Researching consumer needs and identify how our solutions address them
- Hiring, training, motivating, and advising a team of sales representatives
- Achieving company objectives by planning effectively, setting sales goals, analysing performance data, and projecting future performance
- Continuously developing leadership, hiring, and training skills while ensuring that the team is using effective sales tactics to meet revenue objectives
- Generating leads, and establishing and nurturing client relationships
As a Sales Manager you’ll be responsible for:
- Creating and executing a strategic sales plan that expands customer base and extends global reach;
- Meeting with potential clients and growing long-lasting relationships by understanding their needs;
- Tracking, analysing, and communicating key quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to partners and clients;
- Recruiting salespeople, setting objectives, train and coach, and monitor performance to ensure that assigned tasks and responsibilities are fulfilled;
- Identifying knowledge gaps within the team and develop a plan to fill them;
- Ensuring that company quotas and standards are met by holding check-ins with sales team to set objectives for the day and to monitor progress;
- Managing month-end and year-end close processes.
The role will be based in our London office, however we have flexible working arrangements available.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal sales manager has in-depth knowledge of and experience with the sales process, and excels at lead generation, relationship building, and closing deals. We’re seeking a quick learner who has strong negotiating skills — someone with a track record of success who can inspire the same in others.
The role demands a leader with a sharp mind and an ability to coach, advise, motivate, or replace sales representatives to build and maintain a high-performance team.
We are looking for the following experience and qualifications:
- Seven or more years of managing sales within a corporate setting;
- Proven record of success with the entire sales cycle, from planning to closing;
- Preferred but not essential- proven success rate at levels above sales quota
Successful candidates are also likely to show the following personal attributes:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills;
- Superb leadership ability;
- Ability to travel at least 20% of the time.
Candidates must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment
We offer thoughtful, balanced rewards and support to help our people do their best work and live their lives outside it, including but not limited to:
- 25 days holiday per year in addition to bank holidays (+1 day for every day of service up to a maximum of 30 days).
- Parental Support:
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year;
- Maternity leave – 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay;
- Paternity leave – 6 weeks of full pay.
- Various Health and Medical Benefits:
- Private dental and medical insurance (taxable benefit);
- Virtual GP for you and your family members that live in the same household;
- 40% off Nuffield Gym for you and your partner;
- EAP programme for you and your immediate family;
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app Headspace;
- Financial education – free 1-2-1 consultations and mortgage clinics.
- Hybrid working and flexible working hours
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
We want to get to know you, and for you to get to know us, to see if we’d be a good fit. We are responsive and respectful of people’s time throughout our hiring process.
A typical application process includes:
- Initial screening of your application by our recruiting team.
- An interview to assess your baseline technical skills.
- An interview to discuss your previous experience, broader competencies, and suitability for the role.
The easiest way to get your details to us is to send a CV to Recruitment@s-rminform.com.
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.