The Senior Associate will be responsible for services within the Security and Crisis Management business unit across the Americas. This includes physical security services, security and resilience consultancy and global threat analysis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for executing projects and overseeing client accounts. The role is largely autonomous and the successful candidate will be required to work effectively individually and as part of a delivery team. The individual must quickly understand client requirements, effectively resource tasks and help shape solutions to suit.
The role requires excellent project management, planning and interpersonal skills.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to Executive Director, Americas, the Senior Associate will have Consultancy, Project Management, and Business Development responsibilities, to include the following:
- Deliver complex security and operational resilience projects;
- Manage client relationships and day-to-day delivery of services;
- Provide a quality assurance function and ensure quality of all services meet S-RM standards;
- Write andedit reports and other products;
- Maintain an understanding of global security and resilience issues, in particular those relevant to the Americas, and their commercial implications;
- Scope and resource new projects;
- Identify and help develop new and existing business opportunities;
- Deliver training sessions, exercises and presentations to clients..
The role can be based in our Washington, DC or New York City offices and will involve domestic and international business travel .
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- At least 5 years’ work experience. Comparable experience in a consulting / corporate / private sector environment is considered beneficial;
- Technical and practical knowledge of security risk management, resilience and/or crisis management;
- Understanding of risk, resilience and crisis management international and national standards;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent written and editorial skills;
- Fluency in spoken Spanish;
- Experience working or operating abroad (outside of the US) is considered essential;
- Experience in a client facing, delivery role in a commercial environment is considered beneficial;
- Degree level education (or equivalent).
The successful applicant will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform effectively in this role:
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work with limited supervision;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the US by the start of their employment.