S-RM is seeking experienced Security & Resilience Consultants based in the Asia Pacific region who can be available – sometimes at short notice – to support clients in countries and territories across the region.
Please note: this is a contractor position and not a full time role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
S-RM regularly draws on an extensive pool of experienced, subcontracted consultants to support both long-term embedded positions and short-term consultancy projects. The company is seeking to add to this pool of consultants, who are engaged on a project-by-project basis, to support the continued growth of its business in the Asia Pacific region.
Consultants who are successfully on-boarded by S-RM will fulfil client-facing roles, and may be required to:
- Deliver Security Risk Assessments using S-RM’s in-house methodology;
- Write or design security plans, procedures, or frameworks that are consistent with international best practice;
- Provide ongoing security management support to clients, either as embedded consultants or remotely;
- Review existing security, incident response, or crisis management frameworks;
- Design and deliver security management, incident response, or crisis management training programmes;
- Design and deliver immersive incident or crisis management scenarios, desktop exercises, or focused workshops; and,
- Mobilise to support clients’ response efforts in the event of a significant incident or crisis.
When consultants are engaged to deliver projects, they are always closely supported by S-RM’s in-house Security & Resilience team.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Applicants will have the following skill-set and experience:
- At least five years’ experience working in security- or resilience-focused roles;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the following:
- International risk management standards and best practices;
- Regional political and security issues, and their impact on commercial affairs;
- Modern Security Risk Assessment or Enterprise Risk Management tools and frameworks;
- Crisis Management, Business Continuity, Strategic Resilience, or Emergency Planning frameworks.
- Demonstrable experience planning and organising projects;
- Significant experience interacting with and presenting to a range of clients;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS office applications;
- A high working proficiency in at least one of the key Asia Pacific languages is advantageous; and,
- As a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree (2.1 or higher) or equivalent.
Applicants will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, honesty and reliability;
- Strong communication skills displayed through confident interpersonal, public speaking and presentational abilities;
- Confidence advising and briefing at all levels, including C-Suite client stakeholders;
- Experience working and delivering results in demanding environments;
- A proven ability to operate with a degree of autonomy; and,
- Excellent attention to detail.