We are seeking a Senior Associate to join the Asia Pacific team within the company’s Corporate Intelligence division in Hong Kong.
WHO ARE WE
S-RM is a global intelligence and cyber security consultancy. Since 2005, we’ve helped companies, governments and private individuals solve some of their most complex challenges.
We’ve been able to do this because of our outstanding people. We’re committed to developing bright, curious, enthusiastic people who want to think critically, solve complex problems, and achieve success.
But we also know that work isn’t everything. It’s about the lives and careers it helps us build. We’re immensely proud of this culture and we invest in our people’s wellbeing, learning, and ideas every day.
We’re excited you’re thinking about joining us.
The successful candidate for the Senior Associate role will play an important part in the development of S-RM’s fast-growing Asia Pacific team. The candidate will report into the regional head and will be involved in numerous areas of the management of the team personnel and casework.
Typical activities and projects are likely to include:
- Managing open source and human source-led due diligence investigations;
- Editing reports and providing constructive feedback;
- Training, development and line management of more junior members of the team, likely including both analysts and case managers;
- Preparing proposals for new business;
- Analysing human source material and supporting the development of S-RM’s human source network; and;
- Presenting to clients
The role will be based in our Hong Kong office, however, flexible working arrangements are available.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Candidates with the following skills and experience are likely to succeed as a Senior Associate at S-RM. That said, if you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply.
Nobody checks every box—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas and have some interest and capabilities in others.
We’re looking for someone with some or all of these skills who can adapt to change and work comfortably in a fast-paced environment:
- A high working proficiency in written and spoken English is required;
- As a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree (2:1 or higher) or equivalent experience;
- Extensive experience working in a relevant industry;
- A high working proficiency in a relevant regional language;
- Significant experience interacting with clients;
- Excellent research and investigative skills;
- Demonstrable experience planning and organising projects;
- Experience contributing to pitches and business development activities is desirable;
- Relevant experience managing others; and,
- A working knowledge of financial and commercial concepts.
The individual will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- A clear interest in regional political and business affairs;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive mindset and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required; and,
- An ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
We offer thoughtful rewards and support to help our people achieve a great balance in their professional and personal lives, including:
- Holiday – 20 days per year increasing to 25 days (+1 day for every year you worked at S-RM, up to a maximum of 5 days) in addition to bank holidays.
- Maternity leave- 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay;
- Paternity leave– 6 weeks of full pay;
- Maternity benefit (as part of the Private medical healthcare cover) for female employees and wives of male employees – after 1 year on cover;
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year.
Various Health and Medical Benefits:
- Private medical healthcare with Manulife including clinical, hospital and dental cover. Offered to you, your partner, and children;
- Life insurance – 4x annual salary;
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) for employee and immediate family, including counselling sessions;
- Eye tests and glasses reimbursement up to certain cost on an annual basis;
- Free access to the world-famous mindfulness app Headspace;
- Seasonal flu vaccination;
- MPF (Mandatory Provident Fund) – MPF mandatory minimum contribution is 5% which is currently caped at HKD$1,500 per month. On top of that we offer an additional 1% of voluntary matching contribution up to a total maximum of 6%.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
We want to get to know you, and for you to get to know us, to see if we’d be a good fit. We are responsive and respectful of people’s time throughout our hiring process.
A typical application process includes:
- A preliminary call which will be a chance for you to find out more about S-RM and the role.
- A research and writing task to do in your own time. This will assess your analytical and writing skills and give you a better sense of the work we do.
- One interview discussing the research task and your technical skills.
- One interview discussing your previous experience, broader competencies, and suitability for the role.
To apply, please email a CV to Recruitment@s-rminform.com.
We nurture a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and we are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.