We are seeking a Senior Associate to join the Central America and North America team of our Corporate Intelligence division, to be based in the company’s Washington DC office.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate for the Senior Associate role will play an important part in developing S-RM’s fast-growing Central America and North America team. The candidate will report to the regional head and will be involved in numerous areas to manage team personnel and casework, including:
- Managing open source and human source-led due diligence investigations;
- Editing reports and providing constructive feedback;
- Training, development and line management of more junior members of the team, likely including both analysts and case managers;
- Preparing proposals for new business;
- Analysing human source material and supporting the development of S-RM’s human source network; and;
- Presenting to case managers and clients
The role will be based in our Washington DC office, however we have flexible working arrangements available.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The qualifications and experience required to perform this role successfully are:
- Demonstrable regional experience or interests;
- As a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university;
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience working in the corporate intelligence, due diligence and investigations space;
- Significant experience interacting with clients;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent research and investigative skills;
- Demonstrable experience planning and organising projects;
- Relevant experience managing others; and,
- A working knowledge of financial and commercial concepts.
The jobholder will need to have the following key personal skills and attributes to perform successfully in this role:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, honesty and reliability;
- A clear interest in regional political and business affairs
- A proven ability to work unsupervised and operate with a degree of autonomy;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive mindset and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required; and,
- An ability to thrive under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the USA by the start of their employment.
- 20 days of PTO plus 10 paid public holidays. PTO will increase up to a maximum of 25 days per year: (+1 day for every year you worked at S-RM, up to a maximum of 5 days). One of the public holidays is a floating holiday.
- 100% company-paid Private medical healthcare with Oxford United for employee, partner, and children.
- Oxford Sweat Equity program allowing you to earn up to $200 every 6 months on your fitness expenses.
- Virtual Doctor – 24/7 access to General Medical, Mental Health, Dermatology, Nutrition, Expert Second Opinion, and Neck/Back Care specialists for employee, partner, and children, accessible from a smartphone
- Flexible Spending Account – you will be able to contribute up to $2,750 per year tax free to pay towards the eligible expenses
- 100% company-paid Dental benefit with MetLife for employee, partner, and children
- 100% company-paid Vision benefit with Guardian for employee, partner, and children
- Life insurance – 4x annual salary, capped at $500,000
- 401k – up to 6% contribution matched by the company
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) for employee and immediate family, including counselling sessions
- Seasonal flu vaccination covered by the Private medical healthcare
- LinkedIn Learning with access to more than 13,000 different courses
- Formalised Recognition programme
- Remote working and flexible working hours
- Fertility treatment leave – 5 days of leave per cycle of treatment per year
- Military leave – maximum of 5 years during employment. For the first 4 months of Military leave, S-RM will top up any military pay to 100% of basic pay.
- Maternity leave – 26 weeks of full pay followed by 13 weeks of half pay (after 1 year at the company on the “qualifying week” = 15 weeks before a due date)
- Paternity leave – 6 weeks of full pay (after 1 year at the company on the “qualifying week” = 15 weeks before a due date)
To apply for this role, please email your Resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
S-RM nurtures a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion. We are dedicated to developing a workforce that displays a variety of talents, experiences and perspectives.